Vic 2007 Xmas Case Swap Recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, heres Sweet Wheat - Honey Wheat Beer.

Morgans Golden Sheaf Wheat Kit
1kg LDWME
500g Coles Yellowbox Honey
32g Hallertau hops
K-97 Yeast

15g Hallertau @ 20 mins
17g Hallertau dry hopped @ 4 days

23L
Brewed at 19C
Primed with 230g Plain Coles Honey

OG 1045
FG 1008

Red Ale (American Amber Ale - well sort of)

OG 1.062, FG 1.018

29L Batch

7kg Powels Ale
250 gm JW Chocolate
380 gm Bairds Dark Crystal
160 gm Bairds Light Crystal

32gm POW @ 60 min
25gm POW @ 15 min
25gm Cascade @ 15 min
30gm Amarillo @ 5 min

30gm Amarillo - dry hopped.

Protein rest @ 42C for 30 mins ( Powel's ale malt is not fully converted ).
Starchification rest @ 69C for 40 mins

Bulk primed with wort (1.4L)

Official request - 65bellett, git yo butt in here and post the Squirrel's Foot recipe!

Wardhog and every body who has reviewed my beer so far thank you for the confidence booster. Here is my recipe.

Extract

1.5 kg of Coopers LME Amber

1.5 kg of Coopers LME Light

300 grams of JWM Chrystal 140

100 grams of JWM Dark Chrystal

Hops

20 grams of EKG @ 10 minutes

25 grams of POR @ 60 minutes

I steeped the grains @ 67 degrees for 30 minutes and sparged in a sieve with 500 ml of boiling water straight out of the kitchen kettle.

I then added the grain wort to 12 litres of hot water and added the cans of LME.

Once I achieved a boil (it is a bit difficult on the stove top) I added the hop additions. I am always very liberal when measuring the POR as I am a big fan.

Once the boil is finished I put the lid on the kettle and let it sit for 10 minutes while I organise my plastic tub and a bag of Ice to cool the hot wort down. Once the hot wort hits about 40 degrees I then tipped it into the fermenter and topped it up to 23 litres.

Pitched one packet of Safale yeast and brewed at ambient spare bedroom temp which hovers between 16 and 24 degrees.

Carbed with 2 coopers Coopers carb drops. I usually only use one when I am brewing this for my own personal consumption.

After living in London for many years and running a Pub for Fullers brewery, on returning to Australia I missed a good flat session beer I could drink warm. This recipe was made for me at a brew shop after I told them that I wanted some thing a bit like London Pride but a bit lower in ABV I usually get it between 3.5% and 4.0%. I have brewed this beer with many different yeasts, one which I am ashamed to say has been a tea spoon of bread yeast and have also on occasion pumped the temp up to really get some action going. I really love this recipe and although I have given it some brewing abuse at times it is always a good staple although it doesn't have to many fans no one ever say's no to a second.

I hope this all makes sense as I finished work at 11:00 am this morning after 8 long days straight and I am going into a 5 day weekend so I may have nudged the case swap a bit hard.

Cheers

1.5 kg of Coopers LME Amber

1.5 kg of Coopers LME Light

I am always very liberal when measuring the POR as I am a big fan.

****. Me.

This is the beer I want to make over and over again, and you're telling me it's made from extract and POR?

:eek:

Register yourself a new name on these forums, and make it Mandrake or Merlin or anything to do with magicians. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Edit : I wasn't going to brew again until the new year, but that plan's gone out the window. Off to the LHBS on Saturday for extract and POR!

wow i'm in the same boat wardy, no more brewing till summers over, i'v changed my mind now i can knock that up in an hour or so in the kitchen instead of brewing in the stinking hot garage at 6 in the morning trying to beat the heat

nice one 65

-Phill

Vootas Smoked Extra Stout (SS)

73% Ale malt (BB)
1% Choc Malt (JW)
12% Smoked (Weyermann)
8% Roast Barley (Bairds)
6% Wheat (malted)

25 IBU of Challenger at 60 mins
35 IBU of Nor Brewer at 60 mins
7 IBU of Northdown at 5 mins

Yeast: Wyeasty British ale II

Mash at 66deg, sometimes I add gypsum, sometimes I don't.
Ferment at 19 for 1 week, then drink as fresh as you can if you like smoke and bitter, otherwise it mellows over time. Also good to drink from the fermenter... I drank the first batch without even bottling.

,Chris

ok so not a recipe post for the caseswap beer, but the recipe for the sausage rolls I made and bought along on the day. I was asked to provide it so Im posting it.

link here to the recipe in the Brew Food section

nelson sauvin summer ale

well, here's my recipe according to beertools pro, but I think I may have made some last minute changes on brew day so it mightn't be 100% accurate.

Size: 26.88 L
Efficiency: 75%
Attenuation: 75.0%

Original Gravity: 1.044 (1.045 - 1.060)
Terminal Gravity: 1.011 (1.010 - 1.015)
Color: 10.6 (5.0 - 14.0)
Alcohol: 4.36% (4.5% - 6.0%)
Bitterness: 34.84 (30.0 - 45.0)

Ingredients:
5.13 kg Maris Otter Pale
0.22 kg Carapils/Carafoam
25 g Cascade (5.5%) - added during boil, boiled 80 min