uKeg pressurised growler on Kickstarter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpinky

Reaction score
Thought this was a great idea: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/growlerwerks/the-ukegtm-pressurized-growler-for-fresh-beer

kNV57zM.jpg

Smashed the target for the fund raising. They have the 64oz (1.9L) one for $99 and the 128oz (3.8L) for $129.

Interesting. I am an early adopter, but the two things I have bought from kickstarter have had too many problems. I bought one of the drink tank vacuum growers with keg cap. A bit different mechanism to the one you have linked. The problem is everytime I squirt in some CO2, it squirts some beer on me and anyone around me. Pretty useless. This looks better in that respect, but once bitten twice shy, I will wait to see the proper production units and the feedback.

I'm always confused by these, do they mean μKeg (micro keg) or do they mean uKeg (you keg). If the former when did term micro become interchangable with relatively small and when did it become kosher to interchange alphabets..... if the later... youkeg? were they afraid of apple sueing them for calling it iKeg?

On a practical note.... 1.9 litres? my god, just bring a couple of tallies!

chemfish said:
I'm always confused by these, do they mean μKeg (micro keg) or do they mean uKeg (you keg). If the former when did term micro become interchangable with relatively small and when did it become kosher to interchange alphabets..... if the later... youkeg? were they afraid of apple sueing them for calling it iKeg?
What? :huh:

chemfish is "that guy" at parties. "Mew-keg" - what are you talking about ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't touch Kickstarter as a general rule. Especially if it's already over the target. People just keep throwing money at it unnecessarily. I guess at least they know they have a market.

chemfish said:

On a practical note.... 1.9 litres? my god, just bring a couple of tallies!
You win the prize for the most usage of the word keg.
You win a couple of tallies or should that be utallies or youtallies ?

Well, there is the full gallon option if you want a growler with more volume- and with the price on these things, probably would be the better way to go.I have a small growler collection already, but I'm hesitant to spend that much on something I'd use to take beer to parties- and I'll just use my existing growlers for that.

If the gallon fits in a fridge door is golden!

Online Brewing Supplies said:
You win the prize for the most usage of the word keg.
You win a couple of tallies or should that be utallies or youtallies ?
If ya fill them with Peroni they would be Itallies.

it looks amazing and i want one just because of how cool it looks BUT, a shipping date of may and june next year. People that start these kickstarter campaigns half the time have no experience in product manufacture. I've been done before and have heard of some horror stories. Wait till its on a shelf in a shop somewhere and has had some real world testing done on it.

I personally prefer buying six packs from breweries these days if they sell them, and my homebrew never lasts long enough to take to parties anyway ha

huez said:
it looks amazing and i want one just because of how cool it looks BUT, a shipping date of may and june next year. People that start these kickstarter campaigns half the time have no experience in product manufacture. I've been done before and have heard of some horror stories. Wait till its on a shelf in a shop somewhere and has had some real world testing done on it.

I personally prefer buying six packs from breweries these days if they sell them, and my homebrew never lasts long enough to take to parties anyway ha
I am hearing you brother !
Fuckay KS and rock on HB ;)

You should make one nev, bound to be a quality product judging by the rest of your gear!

Thought about backing these guys but then realised my modified tap kings do the same thing

Yeah but these things are double walled vacuum so should stay cold for a little while when sitting on the bench.

Back