Transplanting A Hop Plant At Wrong Time Of Year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megs80

Reaction score
Hey all,
I planted my first rhizome this year in a place I thought would get lots of sun. Due to a couple of factors this isn't the case and my plant was only getting around four hours of direct sunlight. The hop has sprouted ok but is not growing at a normal rate. Being impatient I decided to transplant it to a spot with all day sunlight. This went well with exception of a few of the tiny roots tearing off. Will Tue plant go into shock and die or will it recover to flower another day?

Cheers

I dont have experience with hop plants, but whenever I transplant anything I will always hit it with a dose of Seasol at planting and the following week.

Really helps at reducing shock and gives the roots all they need to settle in. After a few weeks you may want to try Powerfeed. Its got more Nitrogen in it so will promote leaf and flower/fruit growth rather than the Seasol which is more suited to root development.

Both products made by the same people, I've no affiliation or anything, just a happy customer...

Latest posts

Back