Things The Make Life So Much Easier

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....to use the right tool for the job and stop dicking around with inferior methods. Even if that means buying a tool specific for the job, having a purpose designed tool has made my life so much easier.

Actually, i WAS told this years ago by the old man, but knowing me, i wasn't listening.

....to use the right tool for the job and stop dicking around with inferior methods. Even if that means buying a tool specific for the job, having a purpose designed tool has made my life so much easier.

Actually, i WAS told this years ago by the old man, but knowing me, i wasn't listening.

This is the best tip. However i seem to dick around with other tools for ages. All because i didnt want to spend all that money to do one job. In the end i make a mess of it and have to start again with the right tools. But i dont seem to learn.

I've got a box full of tools that've been used once for very specific jobs

"Don't start homebrewing. It'll consume your all your spare money and time, nearly ruin your relationship on multiple occasions and take over your entire house. However much money you think you'll save by brewing your own beer, you'll spend 5 times that on fridges and stainless steel."

:p

Seriously though, what will make my life easier when I get around to building my keggerator is a gas manifold mounted inside the freezer, and a line split off externally with a stopcock, dedicated to quickly force carbing kegs and using the CPBF. No more stuffing around with JG tees and nearly disassembling my set up just to fill a few bottles.

Don't work hard, work SMART!

I surprise so many people who try and do something the "normal" way only to be dumbfounded when I actually think about what needs to be done and do it in half the time with half the effort.

Seriously though, what will make my life easier when I get around to building my keggerator is a gas manifold mounted inside the freezer, and a line split off externally with a stopcock, dedicated to quickly force carbing kegs and using the CPBF. No more stuffing around with JG tees and nearly disassembling my set up just to fill a few bottles.

I have a JG T-splitter that comes off the reg just after the non-return valve. It has about a meter of line, and a gas OD on it.

Force carbing ... too easy, rolling on the floor next to the fridge. CPBF - I just shut off the gas, pop out the line for carbing and pop on the CPBF line.

GET ONE! :)

Tape.jpg

Latest posts

Back