The 7 Ages Of Rock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sabbath comes next episode, then unfolds into the Glam Metal thing and Ozzy solo career. Disgustingly, Led Zeppelin are only included in the "Stadium Rock" episode alongside U2, Sting, Queen, Springsteen. That's a kick in the face for one of the greatest rock innovaters of our time. And Hendrix was well covered in Episode 1.

Yeah, Led Zepplin were a great little band that not many people have heard of - they really needed more time devoted to them so we could all learn more.

Shows like this are just a walk down memory lane. Bit of a waste of time really if you already have all their records at home.

"Oooh! I didn't know The Rolling Stones did concerts!!!"

Loved tonights show, I never knew The Velvet Underground had Andy Warhol as a manager. Lots on my favourite band PF, though I wonder when/if we are going to see Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and all the other great 70s bands.

cheers

Browndog

BD
The only Pink album I'm ever likely to own :)
Pink_Vinyl.jpg

RobW,
Given it's chronological & we are into the 70's, I think we can give up on seeing Hendrix.

Pete

As said a few posts ago Hendrix was EP1 . Virtually the whole episode was about Jimi. Wasnt that screened in Australia? Its not a cronological series either, IMO its all over the place. Also IMO its a fairly average series compared to other docos of similar subject matter.

As said a few posts ago Hendrix was EP1 . Virtually the whole episode was about Jimi. Wasnt that screened in Australia? Its not a cronological series either, IMO its all over the place. Also IMO its a fairly average series compared to other docos of similar subject matter.

We got the alternative episode 1 mentioned in the link you posted.

P

I loved the early Floyd footage of Syd Barrett, but the modern-ish visuals seriously pissed me off. I didn't know Space Oddity was so early in Bowie's career. I am an '83 model... I can't be expected to know these things.

BD
The only Pink album I'm ever likely to own :)
View attachment 34777

RobW,
Given it's chronological & we are into the 70's, I think we can give up on seeing Hendrix.

Pete

That is seriously cool. I saw PF twice in one week when they came out after releasing a momentary lapse of reason. They were outstanding.

cheers

Browndog

Yeah, Led Zepplin were a great little band that not many people have heard of - they really needed more time devoted to them so we could all learn more.

Shows like this are just a walk down memory lane. Bit of a waste of time really if you already have all their records at home.

"Oooh! I didn't know The Rolling Stones did concerts!!!"

And what exactly is wrong with walking down memory lane sir?

Was able to watch this show for the first time tonight. as Karma would have it it was my time Nirvana, the Pixies, REM , Pearl Jam. Was almost tempted to drop a ticket, get wizz and stoke the bucket :ph34r: :wacko: Was glued to the screen. Is it possible to get this series on DVD.

Cheers Brad

Was able to watch this show for the first time tonight. as Karma would have it it was my time Nirvana, the Pixies, REM , Pearl Jam. Was almost tempted to drop a ticket, get wizz and stoke the bucket :ph34r: :wacko: Was glued to the screen. Is it possible to get this series on DVD.

Cheers Brad

It was quite amusing seeing Michael Stipe with all that hair!

-BD

Browndog

There will be a show on Pink Floyd and ABC2 next thursday, interviews, the works... :super:

That is seriously cool. I saw PF twice in one week when they came out after releasing a momentary lapse of reason. They were outstanding.

cheers

Browndog

I was at the Brisbane concert, ******* awsome when Gilmour walked out of the shadows and hit it B)

cheers

Yeah, I saw that Stu, looking forward to that one. Yardy, I went to see Rodger Waters with Ross and his missus when he was out here last, great music, but it took two guitarists to do what David Gilmour did.

cheers

Browndog

Yardy, I went to see Rodger Waters with Ross and his missus when he was out here last, great music, but it took two guitarists to do what David Gilmour did.

cheers

Browndog

That would've been cool, without going too much OT what's your #1 Floyd album apart from DSotM, i think for me it's The Wall B)

cheers

Dave

That would've been cool, without going too much OT what's your #1 Floyd album apart from DSotM, i think for me it's The Wall B)

cheers

Dave

If I had to choose it would be Wish you were here closely followed by Animals, The Wall and Obscured by Clouds. Too much goodness to choose from.

cheers

Browndog

Back