• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Temp Controllers For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's the advantage of the tempmate over the stc-1000? It's a big price difference and they seem to do the same thing..
Loik up tempmate on craftbrewer website. It can do more, can handle 20Amp etc, stc can only handle 10amp.

what's the advantage of the tempmate over the stc-1000? It's a big price difference and they seem to do the same thing..

As an owner of both...

TempMate is *far* more user friendly. Probe seems more robust too.

A TempMate won't reset its compressor delay timer just because you diddle the settings, STC will. This is a tick to the tempmate.

TempMate will switch the power outputs as you change the temp setting up and down. STC will only once you save the setting. And with the STC the compressor delay timer is then reset. With the TempMate if your compressor has already been off, it will come on immediately.

TempMate you connect the earth wire. Dunno if that makes it earthed ;)

TempMate is 20A, STC is 10A

STC-1000 you can turn the device off by holding down the power button. TempMate you might want to fit a power switch.

The STC probe is rubber-plastic. The TempMate is a round metal nub. Both work in BeerBelly Fermenter Thermowells, but I suspect the metal on metal nature of the tempmates is better.

STCs are smaller.

TempMates seem better built.

Personally I prefer the TempMate but its 80$ vs 20$. Is it 4x better? Don't think so.

umm, a few years... havne't skipped a beat yet..

To all waiting on postage costs, I didn'tget to do it today took wife to melbourne for a post operation appointment.

How old are the Tempmate?

1 x tempmate brand new not used not mounted$50 + postage (SOLD-Woolbrew)
1 x mounted tempmates used work well$80 + postage (Sold-Woolbrew)
1 x mounted tempmates used work well$80 + postage (SOLD-Desmo)
1 x STC-1000 never used not mounted$15 + postage (SOLD-buggar work)
1 x drip trays stainless steel (flatbottom) $25 + postage (SOLD-Sully)

One driptray left..
1 x drip trays stainless steel (Lipped) $25 + postage

To all buyers, I'm getting packing together today and will get postage costings tomorrow.

1 x tempmate brand new not used not mounted$50 + postage (SOLD-Woolbrew)
1 x mounted tempmates used work well$80 + postage (Sold-Woolbrew)
1 x mounted tempmates used work well$80 + postage (SOLD-Desmo)
1 x STC-1000 never used not mounted$15 + postage (SOLD-buggar work)
1 x drip trays stainless steel (flatbottom) $25 + postage (SOLD-Sully)

One driptray left..

To all buyers, I'm getting packing together today and will get postage costings tomorrow.

Can this drip tray be mounted on a fridge do you think?

it could but as you can see in the picture it has curved spot for the font.. so you'd have to put it on backwards or else your tap would drip through the hole I would imagine..
but if you wanted it turned around im sure you could hold it there somehow..

Can this drip tray be mounted on a fridge do you think?

bump!

One driptray left..

Latest posts

Back