Tap King - Decide for me

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adr_0

Gear Bod
Reaction score
So, I'm committing to the TK and going to figure a couple of things out to get some repeatable results.

Do I pay $48 - jesus - for 2 x John Galts (Bo-ag) and drink it, or $34 for a pair of Qld's finest, and just pour it down the sink and replace with, oh, say 3.2L of Motueka-hopped vienna/pils bohemian pilsener?

Hey, I'm sure you'll know somebody that will appreciate XXXX, just decant it into a few stubbies.

rockofclay said:
Hey, I'm sure you'll know somebody that will appreciate XXXX, just decant it into a few stubbies.
no... no actually I don't. :unsure:

I've got two cattle dogs?

If your tipping the XXXX then really your only paying $14... Not that you need someone to tell you that.

$34 for XXXX, and then use it for:

malt vinegar
beer bread
beer pretzels
seasoning the grill on your BBQ.

Then fill that growler with better beer.

I went the XXXX path based on price, it's pretty ordinary stuff and that's from a Qlder that grew up drinking XXXX bitter ale and draught. Next time I need more bottles I'll go Boags or Chancer.

Kaiser Soze said:
$34 for XXXX, and then use it for:

malt vinegar
beer bread
beer pretzels
seasoning the grill on your BBQ.

Then fill that growler with better beer.
I like! SWMBO is pushing me to bake sourdough and 'show her how it's done'. The sourdough, I presume...

Actually, I once knew a dude who would happily drink tinnies of XXXX Gold on the beach at Moreton Island watching the sun go down, then drive home. True story.

breakbeer said:
Chancer would be my pick of the bad lot
Is it just me or did they start throwing PoR in and using different yeast?

I got the extra dry and quite enjoyed it , tasted better than the stubbies and its does the trick alcohol wise :chug:

could be worse it could be
VB.jpg

Back