Supplies in Perth - Online or LHBS?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bundy

Reaction score
After starting my homebrew journey in Sydney many moons ago, and having a layoff for near on 8 years, I'm now back in Perth and getting back into it but I'm shocked at the prices of stuff over here vs the east coast.

For example wyeast $14.95 v $9.95 from Ross at craftbrewer. Same for Dme $11.95 a kg locally v around $8 online.

Just wondering what other Perthites do? Do you order online or have you found a reasonably priced local outfit?

I've Tried the guys in Osborne park, Welshpool and Bayswater and they are all as expensive as each other.

Makes homebrew almost uneconomic at some of these prices.

Second that suggestion for Connor Breware - Ciaron gives some great deals and has started doing liquid yeasts I believe.

If you want cheap grain hit up Andrew who runs Bulk Brewing Supplies: http://www.bulkbrewingsupplies.com.au/ - won't get it any cheaper.

As for DME - good old Big W seems to be the cheapest!

I am online but work from Bassendean, my prices are better than your average WA HB store.
Get in touch or drop in for a beer and a chat.
Nev

Yeh, second the suggestions for Connor Breware, Gryphon brewing and Andrew BBS. All offer far cheaper prices than most HBSs and all have provided service well beyond the norm.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, Connor, Gryphon and BBS all seem to be more hardware focused or grain. (Going from the stock showing online) Not so much for me being primarily kit and extract brewer.

I think I just will need to plan in advance and order smaller supplies from Craftbrewer or National in QLD. Extract cans I'll just get locally. A shame as I like to support local but I compared last night I pad $77 for some ingredients locally I could of had from over east for around $60 delivered. Certainly adds up over time.

Keep an eye out for when coopers do free shipping from the online shop...

Mattfos01 said:
Keep an eye out for when coopers do free shipping from the online shop...
Thanks have signed up to their newsletter. Also found out Dan Murphy's now carry a few of the coopers extracts. Not enough to do much with but it's better than nothing.

Back