Strainer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slightly

Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy or how to make a strainer that can fit in between the fermenter tap and the bottle... beer gets strained as you bottle?

Sounds like a good way to block up your bottling tube to me. What are you trying to strain out? A little bit of hop matter won't kill you and will most likely settle into the yeast sediment down the bottom anyway. If you're doing it properly you shouldn't really be picking up much (if anything) of the yeast cake either.

[EDIT: accidental caps implied unintended emphasis]

why do you need to strain it?? wouldnt a filter work better as a strainer all the yeast will still go threw. I think there are 1 micron filters (thats prob wrong just guessing) Pretty sure G&G had one from memory I thought about it but more stuff to clean and sanitise and buy and to be honest if you learn to pour the beer properly its still clear, maybe last glass full it a little less clear but all taste the same unless you pour it wrong and get big hit of yeast

Latest posts

Back