Steam Cleaner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
Check this out for a great idea:
http://www.bigfoamyhead.com/?page_id=77

anyone tried it?
seems like a great way to raise the temp in a plastic tun without adding too much extra water.
I think i'm off to supacheap tomorrow for my next piece of brewgear.

tangent said:
Check this out for a great idea:
http://www.bigfoamyhead.com/?page_id=77

anyone tried it?
seems like a great way to raise the temp in a plastic tun without adding too much extra water.
I think i'm off to supacheap tomorrow for my next piece of brewgear.
[post="124869"][/post]​

here's a link if your interested in that way of temp control..

linky

vl.

May have some Applications in the sanitation process as well(non chemical)

tangent said:
thanks for the link vlbaby
[post="124881"][/post]​
no worries. I had a good ole play with steam a while back. It does work, but a bit slow for step mashes. The sanitisation thing sounds ok tho.

vl.

I worked in the essential oil industry in a past life and used steam to sanitize/probly sterilize my bottles and fermenter .
I had a copper manifold for 12 bottles @ a go and let them cook for 2 or 3 mins ... A single jet for the fermenter and probly 10mins .
Never an infection in those days . I ran a 10hp boiler so I had plenty to play with
thease little steam cleaner thingys might put out enuff for just a couple of bottles at a time...
Keep us posted with any one that gives it a go here ..

:beer:

Anyone know if those Bernzomatic oxygen cylinders are available in Aus? I've seen propane and MAPP one at Bunnings, but not oxygen.

This has been brought up a few times and no one has been able to find them, if you do find a supplier there would be a fair few brewers interested.

Back