Split Gladfield Malt In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbsucker

Reaction score
Hi - I want to purchase some 25kg Gladfield specialty malts from http://www.beerco.com.au/.

However 25kg is more then what I can use in 1 year. I am wondering if anyone wold be interested in splitting a few 25kg bag three ways that would be 8.3kg for $24.75.

It would work out to $2.97 a kilo much cheaper then any homebrew store.

$74.25 Gladfield Red Back Malt for 25kg
$74.25 Gladfield Toffee Malt for 25kg
$74.25 Gladfield Aurora Malt for 25kg
$74.25 Gladfield Shepherds Delight Malt for 25kg

All you would need is a bag to put the malt into and be able to pick up from Coburg Melbourne.

Any takers?

RobW via PM has suggested that I should do 5kg splits. I think its a good idea. It would make splitting the 25kg sack simpler and it easier to use 5kg in a year rather then 8.3kg in a year.

At $2.97 a kilo, 5kgs would cost $14.85.

Thumbsucker

5kg Gladfield Red Back Malt
5kg Gladfield Toffee Malt
5kg Gladfield Shepherds Delight Malt
5kg Gladfield Aurora Malt

RobW

AVAILABLE

15kg Gladfield Red Back Malt
15kg Gladfield Toffee Malt
15kg Gladfield Shepherds Delight Malt
20kg Gladfield Aurora Malt

On the phone so can't see where you are ..... eastern suburbs by any chance?

If I can pick up mid next month I'd go what Rob got.

MastersBrewery - sure it may take that long to find takers, place the order & have it delivered.

If there is enough interest we could get other specialty Gladfield malts and split the sacks:

AVAILABLE

10kg Gladfield Red Back Malt
10kg Gladfield Toffee Malt
10kg Gladfield Shepherds Delight Malt
20kg Gladfield Aurora Malt
20kg Gladfield Biscuit Malt
20kg Gladfield Gladiator Malt
20kg Gladfield Light Crystal Malt
20kg Gladfield Medium Crystal Malt
20kg Gladfield Dark Crystal Malt

Thumbsucker

5kg Gladfield Aurora Malt
5kg Gladfield Biscuit Malt

5kg Gladfield Gladiator Malt
5kg Gladfield Light Crystal Malt
5kg Gladfield Medium Crystal Malt

5kg Gladfield Dark Crystal Malt

RobW

MastersBrewery

Bump

I am surprised that there has been so little interest in Gladfield malts. I have no connection to Gladfield, but I have used there malts with great results. Do yourself a favour and find out for yourself.

I'm in Sydney, but Gladfield malt is great. Love the stuff. I brought 14 bags for brew club earlier, everybody loved it also. Enjoy brewers.

I'm all stocked up on Gladdy, otherwise I would have been in for some!

Just note that even 1kg of the dark xtal and shepherds delight will go a long way... Buying the spec malts at higher cost for lower volumes is really just paying for freshness. Consider it an investment, don't just get tempted by the perceived value in buying everything in bulk.

Ps, don't tell Yob I said that.

mofox1 said:
I'm all stocked up on Gladdy, otherwise I would have been in for some!

Just note that even 1kg of the dark xtal and shepherds delight will go a long way... Buying the spec malts at higher cost for lower volumes is really just paying for freshness. Consider it an investment, don't just get tempted by the perceived value in buying everything in bulk.

Ps, don't tell Yob I said that.
yeah I get that, but when the nearest place stocking fresh malted grain is more than 100 km away, brewing gets curtailed, and 2kg of malt ends up costing you more than $25. over the next 90 days I'll knock out 400L of cubes so I can ferment at will over summer, keezers are empty too so that'll put a 140L ding in the brewing effort almost immediately. If I was in Melbourne I get it.

All good here too, but thumbs up to you thumbsucker for organising a bulk buy.

I am thinking that maybe it might be best to set a purchase date six months in the future say end of January 2017. That way people can deplete their stock and we can get enough takers to fill and order.

In the interim I will just purchase a few kilos of these malts at the higher prices until the batch order is ready go through.

Latest posts

Back