Spare Co2 Cylinder That Boc Has Forgotten About

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
ok i hired a co2 cylinder but they f**ked up my paper work they put ** dan street instead of ** dean st, so anyway 6 months pass never thinking about it going ah they must send a bill at the end of the contract or what ever.

then i got a letter from a debt collecter saying i owe $250+ so i phone up rip them a new a**hole saying they mucked up on there end ill pay the rental but none of the fees, did this and hence my contract is over but this was done on the phone and hence i still have the cylinder

who job is to return it? im not in contract and they cancelled it.
surely there is a time frame that they still have rights to it but after how long is it forgotten and is mine.

i have 6 soda steam cylinders and 1 new keg on legs one so its not really needed

how ever local home brew store said they will fill it i told them i graped it from work and so on.

Technically still their cylinder (pretty much forever), up to you to return it as the contract has been finalised. Least I'm pretty sure that's what the law would say about it. There's probably a statute of limitations on it, by which time the cylinder will be well and trul in need of testing and all the rest, this costing more than the cylinder is worth to us mere mortals. As to what you actually do...up to you :ph34r:

Got a similar letter with over the top Threats,from Liquid air.

The harder they push,the less they will get.

The co2 tank is mine,till empty.

yea i phoned up legal mob told then what the goe was left them my mobile number ect they were good and said yep it happens sort it out and ring us back no dramas.

called boc they said it was my falt i must of lied on my paper work, show me the paper work then and what the point of producing id if u guys dont check it after prolly an hr on phone we agrred i paid all the normal rental fees over the phone it would b settled

and yea i spose it is theres, but as far as they see it im no longer in contract with them why should i return it.

might gas both up and set up second fridge on the rear deck

and yea i spose it is theres, but as far as they see it im no longer in contract with them why should i return it.

It sounds like your going to keep it anyway so why bother asking?

The reason you should return it is becuase it theirs. you never paid for the cylinder only the contents and rental of it. i almost guarntee you in that contract somewhere it would state once the contracts over its up to you to return it.

Im not one to get on my moral high horse, i own gear which i've aqquired but you gotta be a little bit more stealth about it. ;)

Technically still their cylinder (pretty much forever), up to you to return it as the contract has been finalised. Least I'm pretty sure that's what the law would say about it. There's probably a statute of limitations on it, by which time the cylinder will be well and trul in need of testing and all the rest, this costing more than the cylinder is worth to us mere mortals. As to what you actually do...up to you :ph34r:
True except the cost of the Hydro test is only about $25 the problem is finding a testing station willing to do it on a cylinder that is marked as being either BOC or Air Liquide. That small hitch does put it up into the "priceless" category.

ok i hired a co2 cylinder but they f**ked up my paper work they put ** dan street instead of ** dean st, so anyway 6 months pass never thinking about it going ah they must send a bill at the end of the contract or what ever.

then i got a letter from a debt collecter saying i owe $250+ so i phone up rip them a new a**hole saying they mucked up on there end ill pay the rental but none of the fees, did this and hence my contract is over but this was done on the phone and hence i still have the cylinder

who job is to return it? im not in contract and they cancelled it.
surely there is a time frame that they still have rights to it but after how long is it forgotten and is mine.

i have 6 soda steam cylinders and 1 new keg on legs one so its not really needed

how ever local home brew store said they will fill it i told them i graped it from work and so on.

As the others have said, it will allways be owned by the supplier.
I figure that there will remain a descrepancy between your finallised account and the fact that there is no paper work for the returned cylinder.
I believe that a lot of gas bottle agents these days also record the number of the bottle on the paperwork when they supply it.
If your concience gets the better of you and you decide to return it just make sure that you get the return slip signed and dated by the agent and keep it in a file at home or you might find you will be paying rent for a long time or that you might get a bill for the cost of the bottle.

It was an old trick by many an agent's employee that when a bottle was returned and no replacement taken the guy at the counter would just say something like "thanks mate we will send you the paper work with the final account"

I worked for a company many years ago that ended up owing a welding gas supply company $12.000.00 in non returned bottles just because our pick up and delivery driver never got any paper work at the time of drop off.

My opinion is that these gas people charge an over inflated price for their product under the pretence of that they are covering for the cost of lost bottles.

My rant is over :D

Cheers

I racked up over $250 in rental fees for an argoshield bottle, and had BOC sending a collection agency after me when I moved. I forgot all about it, and never got the bills. They finally got my new mobile number somehow and asked me when I was going to pay. I dropped off the bottle, apologised and said "I only used it until it was empty the first time, sorry for keeping it so long". they cancelled the fees and I never heard from them again.

yea i want to know how long the statute of limitations is.

even my soda stream cylinders say property of soda stream, i think the tallies do as well

They screwed up my address too. They called me because the 'welcome pack' was returned to sender, and I told them my real address, and then they sent the welcome back again and I got it.

Welcome back is useless btw.

Looks like they have problems with addresses.

well there seems to be a dan st in rocky so look slik some one gota heap of my bills

why bother stuffing around with this when for 299 you can get a MKOL 7kg cylinder to keep forever ?

i ahve teh large air up keg here, 2 tanks would allow me to run a fridge down stairs and one up on rear deck

Back