Someone Stole My 40 Litre Urn?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago when I lived in a unit complex hereabouts (14 units) I never considered locking the garage roller door, all had our own garage on the basement level - I had an upside down fridge freezer with a heap of frozen meat, chooks etc and some desperado stole all the frozen food. You would have to be at a low ebb in your life to steal food.

:icon_offtopic:
It's amazing what people get up to. I have some funny footage of a guy coming into our garage, sneaking around for about five minutes and having a close look at all 'valuables' inside. Then he frantically looks around to check that no one is watching him and shoves a tin of cat food into his pants and leaves in a hurry.

I considered sending it to funniest home videos for a while but then thought that he might have just been really hungry and started to feel a bit sorry for him...

Sorry about your urn, hope your birthday is not too far away so that you can back into it.

Florian

You really should report it to the police mate, no you most likely will not get it back and nothing will happen but everything like this still needs to be reported.

If everyone doesn't worry about reporting these matters because they feel that it is useless then the police and gov don't have a accurate record of just how much of this kind of thing is going on in your area or other areas etc.

Report it over the phone it'll only take 5 mins.

You are of course right.
I have reported it to the police assistance line today.
Guess it won't show up but if it gets found over the coming weeks at a raid or something, maybe I get lucky :)

Talking to the police it hit me that I probably not am allowed to keep any beer down there without locking the door, what if some kid finds it and I am to blame? Will definetly lock it from today.

thanks
Bjorn

Back