Some Interesting Local Brews

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats right,I,ve done a few meself,so i figured i'm qualified

That could be a good poll. How many brews have you tipped out?

This could be changed to, how many brews should you have tipped out but drank in the name of learning ?

pint of lager said:
This could be changed to, how many brews should you have tipped out but drank in the name of learning ?
MMMMMMM. i think theres something in that for all of us

Thanks for the heads up, Phantom. I'll steer well clear of that stuff, although the operation sounds so dodgy that I might have to try one out of masochistic curiosity if I get the chance.

Glad to see this thread generated some positive comment, like the local bottle shop one did.
Got a bit tired of seeing posts bagging big brewers, thought it would be good to at least mention, and hopefully find praise for, some of the smaller operators who are trying to make something with a bit of craft.
I really really like the idea that within walking distance of my work or home I have a couple of good brewpubs (especially Bells in Sth Melb) & bottle shops that will supply me with anything from London Pride & Leffe to Mountain Goat & Geelong Bitter.
A short drive or tram ride gets me to the Goat, Three Ravens or the Malt Shovel breweries. Further afield, but within a day trip's distance, are Grand Ridge & Jamieson.
I'm sure that most of you (except for the most isolated, who need to rely on mail order & their own ingenuity) could come up with a similar list of positives. This has all got to be pretty good news for those who like their beers.
:)