So, You've All Googled Yourselves, Right?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dig

Reaction score
Ever put your name into Google image serach? I just did and was somewhat shocked to find two pictures of my ugly mellon. Fortunately, I am depicted dinking beer in both cases. Quite a relief :icon_cheers:

Ever put your name into Google image serach? I just did and was somewhat shocked to find two pictures of my ugly mellon. Fortunately, I am depicted dinking beer in both cases. Quite a relief :icon_cheers:

Unfortunatly (or fortunatly) I share a name with a famous author, a politician somewhere and I think a convicted conman so any images of me would be on about page 9000

Edit - just checked wikipedia - 5 politicians, an artist, an author, a playwright, screenwriter (for Dr Who), 4 footballers, 1 tennis player, 2 evangalists, 1 journalist and a celebrity chef.

Make that page 50000.

Cheers
Dave

My real name doesn't get any interesting image hits, but this online alter-ego gets this one:

Monkey-behind-bars-Covance-cropped.jpg

I like it. I think I've found my new avatar!

And you're wearing a black t-shirt in both too! :ph34r:

My Google search comes up with notorius British ministers and other weird stuff... bunch of people that aren't me, in other words. I thought I was pretty safe until I did a regular Google search and my Facebook page was in the top ten! Put a privacy setting on that so it won't show up anymore... Woo!!!

Cheers 'n' Beers - boingk

I got 2,700,000 pages for my name in google :unsure:

I thought I was pretty safe until I did a regular Google search and my Facebook page was in the top ten! Put a privacy setting on that so it won't show up anymore... Woo!!!

Cheers 'n' Beers - boingk

Just a tip - a privacy setting wont help when the CIA runs facebook ;)

weirdly enough 'David Baker' is common enough to get 6.2 million results. A google image search finds heaps of my posts of ganymede and titan (a red dwarf fansite), and a post from my blog, which is odd, because I don't use peas_and_corn as a name there. Also: truthandbeautybombs, lastFM... all sites I have logged on with the username peas_and_corn. A regular search for my internet handle finds some AHB posts as well.

Just a tip - a privacy setting wont help when the CIA runs facebook ;)

Haha, yeah. Not like they'd find anything much on there anyway - probably just see I'm in my last year of uni and the town I live in. I swear, some people may as well put down their adress and phone number for the amount of info they post about themselves...

Back