So What Else Do You Like To Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting to the end of a brew night, and I've run out of cold beers. So what to drink?

Having recently been invaded by the in-laws from o.s. I now have restocked my single malt whisky (and whiskey) collection. I'm now half way through an Ardbeg 10 yr old single islay malt. yum... Having had no decent whisky for around a year I just about forgot how much I loved the stuff.

So, what, apart from beer, do you all like to drink?

cheers

Water...I love good old plain water...really...it keeps my mouth wet and free from beer when I'm at work :)

As for alcoholic drinks, I don't really like most wines, I mix any spirit except tequila, but I don't mind liqueurs like schnapps.

PZ.

Wine often, mostly big reds, but I'm always tempted to go back to beer to finish off and someone, somewhere told me that grain to grape is okay, but grape to grain is a problem. Frankly, I think my problem is the amount of grain and grape, not the order!!!
Love a good single malt. Mostly the popular ones, Glenmorangie, Talisker, Isle of Jura, Laphroaig (I had to pour myself a glass to check the spelling!!!).
Will have to seek out and try Ardbeg.
Never have mixed drinks anymore. Other than the occasional blended beer. Purer flavours are better IMHO.

Water, coffee, tea black/green, Irish whisky with ice or neat, Scotch with ice or neat, Frozen vodka, good/fair wine white or red, rum with ice and anything that is offered other than lollie drinks eg cruisers, UDL etc...

Edit: have to say that non-beer alcoholic drinks rarely pass these lips, beer is too good.

Single Malt Scotch, in particular:

Lagavulin 15+ (30 being my favorite)
Laphroaig 12+
Glendronach Cask
Macallan (all)

Tequila (straight):
Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia
Jose Cuervo 1800 Antiguo <---Aejos
Jimador Antiguo Especial

Herradura Antiguo
Jose Cuervo Tradicional <---Reposados
Centenario

Vodka:
Zubrowka Bison Vodka

Gin:
Tanqueray 10
Bombay Sapphire
Citadelle

Big Red Wines
Fruity Whites

Brandy... Cognac... I pretty much like it all man...

Oh, and I realize I'm gonna get nailed for this: Dr. Pepper - bane of Australian palates. ;)

acidic whites
good reds
good tequila
coffee made from beans (not powdered dirt)
jack daniels

a nice spicy shiraz for me
also my own mead gets a run occasionally

Single Malt. Used to have a vast selection in England, but much reduced here. Favorites are Springbank (and Longrow), Port Ellen, Mortlach, Linkwood, Edradour and some expressions of Lammerlaw (from Dunedin Distillery in N.Z.).

bourbon (wild turkey) JD,,and i love single malt scotch as well and dont mind a good port

Good red if I am having a meal

Beer thru the day

And Wild Turkey & dry ginger ale when I am full of beer but feel the need to keep my liver honest

My favourite drink after beer is Godfather, 45ml Whisky, 20ml Amaretto.

Zubrowka Vodka ROCKS :super:

I also like Belvedere Polish vodka too.

I've had a 1L of each for over a year, since I rarely drink the stuff.

Well, I like my malt whisky- I have 2 bottles of glenfiddich which have hardly been touched.

Also... brandy is all right

some liquers

Geez, I'm suprised that for a bunch of brewers, nobody else said it... ;)

For me its mead and cider, although its been a while since I last brewed a cider.

Berp.

berapnopod said:
Geez, I'm suprised that for a bunch of brewers, nobody else said it... ;)

For me its mead and cider, although its been a while since I last brewed a cider.

Berp.
[post="88778"][/post]​

I'm with you. Homebrewed cider and mead are up there on my list (not the commercial stuff its mostly crap). Also on the list - Single malt (Glenmorangie at the moment), Irish whiskey, cognac, wine (good stuff, red or white).

Cheers
Dave

Edit: Forgot the port!

I like the odd glass of red when out to dinner (depends on what im eating). Went through a bundy n coke phase...just doesnt appeal any more. Still got a few bottles sitting on the fridge from years ago. Cant drink cider, bad teenage memories from drinking litres of it in one go and throwing up. Im just a simple beer man and happy about it too :beer:
Cheers
Steve

I love good wine, red and white. Been up to the hunter many of times and SA is being planned for this time next year.

Will definately be throwing in a few Brewery's in the wine trip though! :beerbang:

Back