Simply Summer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobSnoo

Reaction score
Throwing this one down on Friday and I'll report back shortly.

Simply Summer
1 x can Morgans Royal Amber Oak
1kg LDME
1kg WDME
4 litre boil with LDME made up to 1.055
25g Summer @ 10
25g Summer @ 5
50g Summer @ 0, rapid cool
BRY - 97 @ 18°
IBU - 42.7
EBC 22.8

Estimated OG 1.055. FG 1.014. 5.8% in the bottle.

1549709547904~2.jpeg

Sorted it out with help from the Facebook guys. I didn't flush the tap. I'm going to assume I hit OG of 1.055.

24 hrs 1.046
48 hrs 1.024

BRY-97 is going great. Very neutral flavour coming out of the test tube.

Will check gravity and most likely dry hop if its less than 1.020.

This refers to a hopping schedule during a boil.

The name "summer, citra, cascade, etc" if the variety and the second number is the time remaining in the boil. So in your example it is an addition of 25g of summer hops with 10 mins remaining in the boil.

If it says at 4 days etc this refers to a dry hop and days remaining before kegging/bottling.

Bottled after 7 days at 18°C then 2 days at 1°C. The BRY97 flocced out well. The sample halfway through bottling was lovely. Rich, creamy, hoppy. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this drinks when its carbed up

5 days in the bottle and its looking and tasting amazing. Gonna leave the brew for 4 weeks and report back

Had 3 glasses of the tallie. This could potentially be the best brew I've made. Gonna leave it for 4 weeks so I'm really excited about this. Report back soon.....

4 weeks in the bottle and its awesome. Everyone likes it. Head lasts forever and laces down the glass. See my other post for my trial variations on this, but this one is a keeper.

Back