Scribbly Gum Lager & Portamarillo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the Scribbly Gum on the weekend and put it back on the shelf beacuse it looked too gimicky.
After reading this thread I grabbed a bottle last night. This is the first smokey beer I have tried and I really enjoyed it. I didn't find it overpowering, it was a well balanced beer.
As others have said, let it warm up a bit.
Cheers, John.

109_0236.JPG

I had 2 bottles given to me last week and agree with most of the above, the thing I didnt get was that it looks bad real bad for a lager, dishwashing water.
Is it an ale or a lager yeast?

I had 2 bottles given to me last week and agree with most of the above, the thing I didnt get was that it looks bad real bad for a lager, dishwashing water.
Is it an ale or a lager yeast?

That's what I was thinking while drinking it. There was nothing 'Lager' about it.

That's what I was thinking while drinking it. There was nothing 'Lager' about it.

It would be like sinking S&W PA, and them calling it a lager and me wondering why it isn't clear and it is very fruity.

Got no issue with the beer, but it tastes like an ale, tastes like it was brewed at ale temps, therefore it is an ale (even if it were a lager yeast).

Goomba

The orient watching the Nott girls go by then finally finished off at the MONK

Had quite a few of there beers when I got a free sample of I forget but ti was a bacon beer

It was really well brewed bacon all the way through but must admit the sample was fantastic but that was enough not a quaffer thats for sure but I must say his kolsh w
as right up there

Rude,

I would hazard a guess at that beer being the monk's Rauch, not a bacon beer.

It would be like sinking S&W PA, and them calling it a lager and me wondering why it isn't clear and it is very fruity.

Got no issue with the beer, but it tastes like an ale, tastes like it was brewed at ale temps, therefore it is an ale (even if it were a lager yeast).

Goomba

Agree, there was definitely an underlying fruitiness to it.

Back