Screwys New Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Finally - this has been in the planning stages for a long, long time, finally and thanks to Stephen a fellow homebrewer and steel fabrication business owner, and Nathan a homebrewer drinker :) who works for him.

The old knock together shelving with warped particle board shelves, can be relegated to the scrap heap (or maybe replace the shelves and use them in the shed when it's built).

A little spray with magic silver to cover up the cold gal on the welds, a control box and it's finished. Still no new shed but at least I can brew on the patio till then - Yay!

Pheeew, only 3 kegs left.

Brewstand_1__small_.jpgBrewstand_2__small_.jpgBrewstand_3__small_.jpg

Screwtop that look's real nice ,very tidy
:rolleyes: Cheers Phil

Finally - this has been in the planning stages for a long, long time, finally and thanks to Stephen a fellow homebrewer and steel fabrication business owner, and Nathan a homebrewer drinker :) who works for him.

The old knock together shelving with warped particle board shelves, can be relegated to the scrap heap (or maybe replace the shelves and use them in the shed when it's built).

A little spray with magic silver to cover up the cold gal on the welds, a control box and it's finished. Still no new shed but at least I can brew on the patio till then - Yay!

Pheeew, only 3 kegs left.

View attachment 26120View attachment 26121View attachment 26122

Looks noice and trade marked as well. Come to think of it my port barrel is as well, from your visit sometime back <_< . Pitty you are so far north of Surfers, be great to get up close and personal with it in September :wub:

BYB

Mike,

that looks bewdiful!

Making me jealous now....just need to find someone who can weld, as well as some steel for the stand.....

Cheers

Very nice Mike, I take it by your plumbing (or lack of it) that you are moving your hoses for different functions?

cheers

Browndog

Onya Srewy thats tops :beerbang: luv the big kettle on the drop down what size is it? well done mate

Cheers Monkale

Mike - any chance of a close-up pic or even a pull-down pic of how you've mounted your temp probes?

I'm trying to redesign mine, as I'm having some temp fluctuations atm....

Cheers

Nice one Mike - Glad to see you're settling in properly :)

cheers Ross

Nice One Screwy and you were complaining I had too many Ball valves ;)

Pumpy :)

Very nice Mike, I take it by your plumbing (or lack of it) that you are moving your hoses for different functions?

Only one hose gets moved Tony, once recircing/mash out rest is complete the kettle is gravity fed from the MLT, hose from the MLT outlet is moved to the Kettle.

Onya Srewy thats tops luv the big kettle on the drop down what size is it? well done mate

83L Geoff

Mike,

that looks bewdiful!

Making me jealous now....just need to find someone who can weld, as well as some steel for the stand.....

Cheers

Mike - any chance of a close-up pic or even a pull-down pic of how you've mounted your temp probes?

I'm trying to redesign mine, as I'm having some temp fluctuations atm....

Nick, find a beer loving welder, the rest is easy :) As for the probe:

HLT_HERMS_Return_small.jpg

Nice One Screwy and you were complaining I had too many Ball valves ;)

Pumpy :)

:lol:

Thanks Mike - I take it you have a thermowell of some sort in there with the probe inside? Or do you have a threaded end on your probe? My problem is that the TempMate probe is not threaded, and is not waterproof......

Cheers

Hiya Screwy. Congrats on the stand. Looks strong as and the shelving idea is a good one.

Can I trouble you to throw up a snap of the inside of the probe/return setup? I've done the same (Batz! inspired) and I'm not totally happy with how the internal return connects to my arm. Need inspiration ;)

Cheers,
reVox

Thanks Mike - I take it you have a thermowell of some sort in there with the probe inside? Or do you have a threaded end on your probe? My problem is that the TempMate probe is not threaded, and is not waterproof......

Cheers

MashMaster Probe SS 1/2" BSP. Piece of wee wee Nick.

Screwy

Hmmm, OK....will PM Ross and see if there's anything similar available for the TempMate as yet (unless he's watching... Rossco???)....

That would make life a LOT easier :)

Cheers

Hiya Screwy. Congrats on the stand. Looks strong as and the shelving idea is a good one.

Can I trouble you to throw up a snap of the inside of the probe/return setup? I've done the same (Batz! inspired) and I'm not totally happy with how the internal return connects to my arm. Need inspiration ;)

Cheers,
reVox

You could make one of these up if you had the complex mathematical formulae required :lol:

These were the best I could regurgitate :p

MLT_Wort_Return3_Small.jpgMLT_Wort_Return1_Small.jpg

Looks good Screwy ,, Would love a kettle that size..

Nick B I'll weld it up for you , just drop the bits around and grab a beer from the fridge, won't belong... ;)

Cheers

Thanks Ned, heck, even having to work tomorrow, I have the long weekend off! :) I'll be up sometime Sunday....You don't have plans do you????

:p

Cheers

Looks awesome Screwy! What a setup!

Frame looks a little light on? :lol:

So where's the invite for a brew day? ;)

Back