(sa) Est Pizzeria - East Tce, Adelaide.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_as_skeletor

Reaction score
EST PIZZERIA - East Terrace, Adelaide.
Samuel Adams in Fridge - Official Boston Lager Glassware!!

Nuf ced really, but I would also like to add that it was a great meal too!

Had the Goat ragu gnocchi, the pumpkin, ricotta and ham pizza, and some wicked syrupy, datey, orangey dessert cake!

The guys that served, including Alex 'The Pizza Man' were awesomely nice and had great service manners, and they seemed to really know their stuff.

They know wine and beers of the best as well!

The Sam Adams BL (at what I must say was a 'reasonable pub price', mind you) really topped off an all in all great night out.

Also tried a Moritz Epidor, which was great too. 7.2% with good amounts of hopiness considering.

They have a great beer fridge with only quality beers, including SA's Lobethal Bierhaus selections.

Highly, highly recommend this joint.

Sounds good mate, next time I'm in Adelaide I'll look this place up.

So do they have the proper glass for it ?
I wanted to buy some of these over the net but the they don't ship O.S. from their website shop :(

Sounds good mate, next time I'm in Adelaide I'll look this place up.

So do they have the proper glass for it ?
I wanted to buy some of these over the net but the they don't ship O.S. from their website shop :(

Yeah mate, proper Boston Lager Glassware!
It actually compliments the Lager more than you think it would, as in, I don't think that it is just a load of wank... It has that bulging shaped upper half which closes in at the top which seems to trap the hoppy aroma quite nicely, and it really gets the bevvy over the majority of your tongue/palette so you can enjoy the full experience.

Again, I highly recommend this joint, as 6 hours later my wife gave birth to our beautiful baby girl! (Don't worry, she wasn't drinking!)

Yeah mate, proper Boston Lager Glassware!
It actually compliments the Lager more than you think it would, as in, I don't think that it is just a load of wank... It has that bulging shaped upper half which closes in at the top which seems to trap the hoppy aroma quite nicely, and it really gets the bevvy over the majority of your tongue/palette so you can enjoy the full experience.

Again, I highly recommend this joint, as 6 hours later my wife gave birth to our beautiful baby girl! (Don't worry, she wasn't drinking!)

Oh, and also, I spoke to the guy and he told me to contact his supplier for glassware, as they were a gift from the distributor to him, so I might go down that path.

Funny, you should mention ordering glasses from the store, as I actually went to the effort of writing them an email, not short of professing my love for them, but also questioning the possibility of an international order. They accepted my love, whilst apologising for the inability to ship O/S. They said to try ebay.

I'll let you know how I go with this supplier and pass on any good news. Perhaps we could bulk order.....

Excellent !
Yeah I would be keen for a box of 4 and my mate would probably want a box too, so let me know if you have any luck with that.

On a side note what Samuel Adams variations have you managed to get hold of ?
So far I've only managed Boston Lager, Black Lager & the Summer Ale
Sick of drooling over the website descriptions I want to get my ass to the US of A and try this stuff !!

Yer Id be keen on some glasses as well. Bulk buy? On a side note, anyone got a good AG recipe for Boston Lager or the Summer Ale?

Fil

Yer Id be keen on some glasses as well. Bulk buy? On a side note, anyone got a good AG recipe for Boston Lager or the Summer Ale?

Fil

Just use the search function for "samuel adams" and a recipe should come up, if not, I can post the full AG recipe(s) from the Clone Brews book.

Alternatively check the website "Beertools.com", also searching for Boston Lager. //Scratch that!// http://www.beertools.com/html/recipe.php?view=3640

I can only seem to find the Summer Ale. I am incredibly interested in the Black, but I highly doubt it will take the top spot away from Boston Lager!
Cheers, I'll let you know what I find out.
You should totally post me over a bottle of Black lager! :p

Back