Sa Ahb Meets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HK - i was looking at small club with pooltables, projection TV and a 4 tap bar all ready to go. Hire fee is a flat $200 but if you're a member you can get it with up to 2x bar staff for $50. They run a bbq for $2 each.
The only thing is the kegs would need to be snap-lock capable.
I have 3x kegs that are, and was thinking of leaving the Coopers Pale on so the club still makes money on Pale, but HB is free.
The place already has a liquor licence so no hassles there.

No worries mate,

I thought the whole idea was to serve up heaps of homebrew. I for one like many have ball lock kegs, but I would still be interested in any get togethers held in Adelaide once I am there. For info the Community hall I spoke about does have some limited entertainment equipment available for free. and for around $30 per head including drinks feed and company I think it would be a fantasic night.

Cheers

HK

where and what place tangent

haven't spoken with management Ken so it's still top secret ;)

I know ball lock kegs are common amongst HBers but we may have to make ball-lock to snaplock adapters. Otherwise, i farm my kegs out to whoever wants to supply the show with beer.
I see more chance of rolling a few kegs in and having the bar-staff handle everything rather than a heap of blokes rock up with their own gas bottles etc.
I'm still keen on going to a brewers house but I like the ease of having barstaff stay sober and stuff like that.

I can see if i can get some Male snaplock adaptors - That way i can just mate it to a plastic ball lock - that is if this goes ahead.

How many sets do you think you will need.

Ken...

I like your attitude Ken :)
3 or 4x 19L kegs pouring with another 4 chilled ready to go would be good.

We'd somehow have to keep it sane and not turn into a B&S Uni-student swill fest.

Ok - i will look at getting the stuff together for 4 sets...

We can class it as teh GMKenterprises Contribution...

I'm not a kegger and not even an AGer but would love to meet up with like minded brewers to taste others brews to see how effort translates to taste. Would also be keen to bring along a few of my longnecks to get some feedback. I am still a K&K but am looking to move into partials next year once i sort out temp control. Any chance of getting an invite without bringing along a keg? Would also be a chance for me to see keg setups at work......

Cheers
DrSmurto

Sure DS.
As far as keg setups, it'd be the standard commercial bar with HB kegs plugged in.
Not much to see, but if we can make a trip out to see GMK, you'll see a very advanced home kegging setup.

Back