Releaseable Gas Connections?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Fester

Old, Grumpy and PROUD of it!
Reaction score
All,
Is there a releasable gas connection available for 5 or 6mm gas lines? I wish to be able to remove my standard dispensing gas line from my reg, and replace it with a purpose length of line for force carbonating either a Corny keg, or a Tap a draft bottle.

The clips that I have seen so far are all use and forget, one shot types of connectors.

I was hoping that there may be a spring loaded hose clamp that could be easily removed.

Any ideas?

To the floor for comment.

Thanks in advance.

M

Do you mean something like putting a keg gas post on the ouput of your reg ?
Then you could have a couple of sets of lines with the normal disconnects on. One set for dispensing and the other for carbonating.

Otherwise get a dual pressure reg and have one line dedicated for carbonating the the other for dispensing.

Doc

What you want is a John Guest type fitting , do a search here and Goggle it you should find plenty of info

Batz

mandarker

The John Guest joins the gas line together , and can be removed and rejoined easly.
If that's what your after drop me a PM , I may have a few spares floating around here.

Batz

A friend uses compressed air hose connections (male and female snap lock style ones). I think they worked ok and didn't leak but I don't know if I would trust them with a full bottle of CO2 to lose.

John Guest fittings as Batz mentioned would work.

Another option would be to unscrew the hose barb that connects directly to your reg and just buy another hose barb for your second line that fits the reg and just undo and swap that way.

John Guest fittings work well. I use a JG Tap on my dispensing line so when I disconnect the reg to carbonate a keg I can maintain pressure in the kegs and lines. Not necessary if you have a gas manifold with check valves - you can get away with just a joiner.
Photo0157.jpg

The reg side has a barbed fitting to prevent wear on the gas line from fitting's teeth. It will scratch up a bit - mine is over 12 months old and is nowhere near needing replacement.
Photo0156.jpg

To carbonate a keg I have 6mm gas line about 600mm long. One end has a gas disconnect and the other a JG joiner. It's easy enough to remove the dispensing line, attach the gas line and carb the keg using the "Every man and his dog method". Haven't got a photo of the gas line. I'll take one tonight if I remember.

Apologies for quality of photos but you get the idea.

Steve

Mandrakar,

Go to Water Plus in Fyshwick and explain what you need.

They stock heaps of John Guest stuff and regularly deal with home brewers.

You'll walk out smiling and with an intact bank balance...their pricing is great :)

PZ.

Latest posts

Back