Recycled Bottles With Printed Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skurvy84

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

over the Australia day long weekend, i came across a neat looking little bottle i wouldn't mind recycling for my homebrewing. its a South African Cider by the name of Savanna Dry available from here http://www.africashop.com.au. The bottle is a clear (yeah i know its not good for beer, but my storage area is pitch black and never sees the light of day) its a 340ml bottle, fairly thick walled bottle, a nice thick lip and crown seal and a fairly think neck. i've recapped a couple today (empty and placed into a bucket of water) and they didn't leak or fail with my bench capper.

my question is though, the label (shown below) is printed onto the bottle, does anyone know what might actually remove this label/print?, i would love to use them, but don't want to have the brand etc etc on my HB.

CiderSavannaDry.jpg

i haven't tried anything yet as i only have wax and grease remover.

any suggestions what might work?.

thanks

Apart from a (most likely unsuccessful) razor blade all I can think of is a hammer.

you can try really cheap steel wool the one with the added soap

thanks ya bum...... :p

i'm going to get some paint stripper during the week and give that a go next weekend actually.

already tried a razor, and yeah.... quite unsuccessful

I don't reckon paint stripper would taste too good.
Are the bottles really that good?

Disc grinder!

The only easy way.
Better to give those clear glass bottles the shove, get normal brown crown seals & conform. ;)

T

Im with pete
nothin to do with the labels but beer goes off real quick in clear bottles, thats why its in the brown bottles
google it and have a look

Back