Queensland Beer Appreciation Night March 10th 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Fellow Brewerhooders,

And now for something completely different.

monty_foot.jpg

Lager-Boy night March sometime, I'm guessing mid to late March. Lets all brew a lager or Pilsner type beer for the hot weather. Usual sleeping arrangements, barbaque dinner etc.

Good idea to think about brewing this now.

When it gets colder perhaps we could have an Ale, Porter, Stout...Wheatie :unsure: night?

Batz

I'm in! Does a dark lager count?

Of course, lager is a loose term, a bit like a well know inflatable sheep. Perhaps lets say a beer brewed with a lager yeast?

Batz

woooh, im keen. I've not been to a ah wotsee before but sounds good, and im a tiny covert lager appreciator :party:

woooh, im keen. I've not been to a ah wotsee before but sounds good, and im a tiny covert lager appreciator :party:

Can you brew one?
Nows the time to start if you want it in CC for a while.

Batz

Can you brew one?

well im a pretty modest kinda guy but ...yes!

i'l be getting onto it soon too. a string of lagers have been on the list to-brew for some time now.

were you meaning an all-welcome type of affair? im also quite understanding ...if you didnt :icon_cheers:

were you meaning an all-welcome type of affair? im also quite understanding ...if you didnt :icon_cheers:

In an out of the way sort of thing yes.

Batz

Hang on... Over the last few month I always thought we're all brewing at your's on the day.

Sounds more like we're brewing now and bringing a keg?

Hang on... Over the last few month I always thought we're all brewing at your's on the day.

Sounds more like we're brewing now and bringing a keg?
I thought we would all rock up to kin kin and drink all of batz's beer and call it lager

I thought we would all rock up to kin kin and drink all of batz's beer and call it lager

+1
and, yes I think Sim can brew a lager-ish type thingy even a Pilsner kinda whatsit'
I may try and do something black lager orientated.

it's a bring a lager thing, brew day here.....not a shit show.

Batz

sounds good to me!

That's it then, let's do that.

May I request you brew your Schwarzbier then, Batz, and maybe my Munich dunkel :lol:

Edit: mmhhh, that post took AHB about 15 minutes to publish. This forum is on its last leg i reckon.

sounds good to me!

That's it then, let's do that.

May I request you brew your Schwarzbier then, Batz, and maybe my Munich dunkel :lol:

I would expect a Munich Dunkel from you mate, I'll see what I can do B)

What kind of lager goes well with a shedload of American hops?

I mean, freezerload...

What kind of lager goes well with a shedload of American hops?

I mean, freezerload...

What about a US lager?

Just make it up, easy az !

Batz

The word lager comes from the German word lagern which means, "to store". A perfect description as lagers are brewed with bottom fermenting yeast that work slowly at around 34 degrees F, and are often further stored at cool temperature to mature. Lager yeast produce fewer by-product characters than ale yeast which allows for other flavors to pull through, such as hops.

American Lagers
American Adjunct Lager
American Amber / Red Lager
American Double / Imperial Pilsner
American Malt Liquor
American Pale Lager
California Common / Steam Beer
Light Lager

Doing a Munich Helles next W/E 40ltr split to 2 x 20ltr to tweak. Good timing ay?
Daz

Back