Quantumbrewer In Melbourne 8/3/2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Mrs P's last time i was in Melbourne. I really enjoyed myself and the beer, a few of my mates from course went with me and even enjoyed the beer, most of them were VB and TED drinkers... I think its a great place to start your night :lol: you can sleep on the flight home

Vouch for the venue, unfortunately can only take so many hours in the city on a school night. Make sure you get yourself a kooinda while your there. I rate it tops, but heaps on the taps to keep you going. Enjoy, would have been good to be there tomorrow. Safe travels!

Here at last with a tasting board, damn your transport and one way streets.

Fark I forgot about this QB. I just got from work about 15min ago (love 13hr days). Needless to say beer was on my mind but I forgot about catching up. Sorry

Enjoy the beers and try and catch u next time

edit: as for our transport, well in the city its fine. but otherwise it sucks. thats why i ride a motorbike. and at this time of night the streets and fwy are clear and makes for a nice kane ride home out to the burbs

Would have been keen but was away for work.

Hope you found some good brews QB (and corrected the very average spelling on some beer/food boards).

Got into the tasting board

Photo_Mar_15__8_39_06_AM.jpg

nicely done, and even had a little tasting sheet for notes...

Arctic Fox Ice Cap Lager: Typical lager, some corn character.

Mornington Pale Ale: Beautiful nose, great hops on the nose and palate, perfect bitterness - a great beer!

Gippsland Gold: Low hop, med-high bitterness, big malt, some orange-lemon thing going on.

Hellfire Amber Ale: Strange bitterness, big esters. DNF.

Dirty Angel: Sickly sweet, giant malt. DNF.

Tried the Kooinda Pale afterwards

Photo_Mar_15__8_39_54_AM.jpg

Loved the nose on this one - could have kept smelling this for days. Big bitterness that seemed to build up to something overwhelming. I need to try this again sometime when there's not lemon in the water (really, with a beer board?) but I left a lot in the glass this time. I would like to think this is a beer I could drink a lot of.

With any luck I'll be over again sometime for more than a weeknight. If you're in Adelaide give me a shout.

Back