Purchased A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, as the original barbs actually didn't fit in the font (to be honest, I didn't have the patience to make them fit :)

Seems that I ordered the wrong Barbs. The only way that I can see them being useful is if I hacksaw the back of my current shank off and then screw on the new SS Barbs. Effort v reward? I decided to leave the cheap shanks/barb combination, lengthen the beer lines, add a 3 way Co2 manifold with non-return valves and pop the perlick 525SS taps on. Pretty pleased. http://twitpic.com/1gt3jy

When you get home from work and pour beer is the first bit frothy or is the mount chilled somehow to prevent this. If it is frothy how much do you lose and when you go for a refill is it frothy agian or not?

When you get home from work and pour beer is the first bit frothy or is the mount chilled somehow to prevent this. If it is frothy how much do you lose and when you go for a refill is it frothy agian or not?

Hi there,

It could be a number of things....
is the beer cold??
How long is your beer line??
what pressure is ur reg at??
** maybe a little more info could help....
Cheers,

I am thinkin about 1 but if there is alot of waste it could be a waste.
Maybe good for parties when frequent pouring, anyone shed some light for me?

I am thinkin about 1 but if there is alot of waste it could be a waste.
Maybe good for parties when frequent pouring, anyone shed some light for me?

Not sure what you mean by that last post.

1) The first beer poured on just about any system is often a little foamy due to the beer being warmer in the font / tap.
2) look back through this thread and you will see some easy mods to make the cool air from the fridge chill the font tower.
3) as mentioned in the above post you will find that lengthening the beer line helps alot. (I currently have one at over 3 metres) Do a search for the spreadsheet on balancing keg systems, it helped my understanding of these things alot.
4) adding a computer fan to simply circulate the air within any beer fridge (including kegerators with small fans that only come on with the compressor) will actually assist in balancing the co2/foaming aspect of the system by preventing the top of the fridge being much warmer than the bottom.

Let us know how you go. It takes a bit of tweaking but its worth it.

Hi Guys, my first post.

I have been looking at these pinnacle setups. My question is, would it be possible to sit this under a bar and then mount the font that is supplied on the bar. I have a corner bar with limited space, I'm guessing that that the bottom of the font might be something like 300mm - 500mm from where it would have mounted on the fridge.

If its possible then I guess the length wont be a balance issue due to the type of tap... but the beer warming in the line might be an issue? I guess a fan isn't going to solve this one... any thoughts?

Hi Guys, my first post.

I have been looking at these pinnacle setups. My question is, would it be possible to sit this under a bar and then mount the font that is supplied on the bar. I have a corner bar with limited space, I'm guessing that that the bottom of the font might be something like 300mm - 500mm from where it would have mounted on the fridge.

If its possible then I guess the length wont be a balance issue due to the type of tap... but the beer warming in the line might be an issue? I guess a fan isn't going to solve this one... any thoughts?

Congrats on your first post Dougy :icon_cheers:

The distance from the kegerator shouldn't be a prob, but you're likely to have excessive foaming on the first pour (not too bad though).

Hi Guys, my first post.

G'day dougy,

Certainly is possible. Font only sits around 50mm above fridge top.

RIMG1342.JPG

No pouring issues either.

Scott

G'day dougy,

Certainly is possible. Font only sits around 50mm above fridge top.

View attachment 40381

No pouring issues either.

Scott
f**king WOW!

That is an awesome setup you have going there, Jerry. I just purchased exactly the same fridge and you've inspired me to build a bar around it similar to you have (will probably even leave a space for a second fridge).

Quick question, though: how do you run the gas line from an external gas bottle in to the fridge? Do you need to drill a hole or is there one already? I'd put it through the hole for the font, but once the font is bolted down, there is no way to do that.

Thanks guys. Pretty happy with the whole thing. Just need to find enough time to keep the beer flowing.

Siborg,

I don't leave the gas connected.

I've got a fridge downstairs that hold 3 kegs and I carbonate them down there. Again, gas is not continously connected, just topped up to achieve correct level. I'm generally not in that much of a hurry to tap the next keg.

In the bar, I add gas as the keg needs it.

Cheers

Scott

you brought TWO? you win at pouring beer, that setup rocks.

you brought TWO? you win at pouring beer, that setup rocks.

Thanks Fents,

Yeah, buying 2 was the simplest and most cost effective :eek: way of achieving what I wanted.

Scott

Siborg, there is a hole for the gas line in the back (top corner). There is probably a black rubber plug over it at the moment.

yeah i seen that the other day.. bloody cheap aye just had my birthday, i would have been a great present..

Back