Potential Sg Contribution Of Frozen Raspberrys?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not really a huge issue, and doubt anyone can manage any better than just a guess, but im interested if anyone has any idea of the potential of the sugars in frozen raspberrys? I have just pitched champagne yeast into a 1.046 SG cider. Plan is to ferment it completely dry, then rack onto 2kgs of frozen raspberrys for a few days. Do you think ill get a couple more points of ABV from the sugars in the raspberrys? Nutrition info on the raspberrys say there are only 7g of sugars per 100g. So i guess thats only 140g of sugar im adding. And even then, is fruit sugar totally fermentable?

Hi all,

Not really a huge issue, and doubt anyone can manage any better than just a guess, but im interested if anyone has any idea of the potential of the sugars in frozen raspberrys? I have just pitched champagne yeast into a 1.046 SG cider. Plan is to ferment it completely dry, then rack onto 2kgs of frozen raspberrys for a few days. Do you think ill get a couple more points of ABV from the sugars in the raspberrys? Nutrition info on the raspberrys say there are only 7g of sugars per 100g. So i guess thats only 140g of sugar im adding. And even then, is fruit sugar totally fermentable?

I think there's a calculator on gotmead.com that will let you do a rough calculation of the contribution from fruit. its hard to be accurate without knowing the sugar content of that particular batch of fruit.

Cheers
Dave

Back