Polish Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olskoolsoulja

Reaction score
HI,
Im trying to remember the name of a polish beer.

It comes in larger bottle 500ml or there abouts , It has a white label with a person dressed in folk style clothing , blue and red I think. its about 5.2%
and last year the bottles had a coldness gauge on the back Eg. blue good red bad in a brown bottle . It may start with Z but im not sure.

cheers
Rich

Zywiec,
thats it cheers mate , that was quick!

anyone got a AG recipe I might make one when I get home?

I think it's Zywiec. My suburb has quite a few Polish people and there's a little bottle shop that sells them. They're always skunked and stale though. :(

zywiec.jpg

When I was at Uni, I used to work at bottle shop that stocked it. A polish guy came in and asked forit, pronouncing it correctly and I had no idea what he was after until he spelt it out for me.

when there good I really like them, I know what your saying , they were on special at easter and it was a lucky dip!

Nice label pic too , where do you download them?

when there good I really like them, I know what your saying , they were on special at easter and it was a lucky dip!

Nice label pic too , where do you download them?

Just googled it, then click image. ;)

:D
I brewed 60 ltrs of this beer in early 2007 very nice it was too.
Cheers Altstart

I knew a german home brewer once who seemed obsessed with invading poland, perhaps beer was the reason..

unless craftbrewer starts getting in lublin hops you won't be cloning that stuff

i know that place stuster, i always drop in there for zywiec to wash down the dumplings two doors down

i know that place stuster, i always drop in there for zywiec to wash down the dumplings two doors down

So, you like the Zywiec from there? Maybe I was just unlucky the couple of times I got it from there. :huh:

So, you like the Zywiec from there? Maybe I was just unlucky the couple of times I got it from there. :huh:
well on average over the last 14 years of buying zywiec there it's been good... when it's fresh it's not a bad beer, fruity in an interesting way for a lager. lately i agree theyve been a bit cheesy - probably sweating on the back of trucks at 35C for days before they get there

I used to like it when it was in the heavier more squat looking bottles (that were good for bottling your homebrew too). Probably gone down hill since a Dutch brewery giant beginning with "H" took them over. :(

Warren -

Back