Plastic Buckets...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintmo

Reaction score
hey,

i was curious, i wouldn't mind having a few extra plastic buckets (no need for a tap) lying around the place for the odd use in brewing and other things...

where do you guys source these? i think i have read somewhere on here bakeries often use them for something... cos i would love to pick up a few extras for cheap $$. i could always buy them straight up but finding is more fun hey :p

clint :)

hey,

i was curious, i wouldn't mind having a few extra plastic buckets (no need for a tap) lying around the place for the odd use in brewing and other things...

where do you guys source these? i think i have read somewhere on here bakeries often use them for something... cos i would love to pick up a few extras for cheap $$. i could always buy them straight up but finding is more fun hey :p

clint :)

errrr Bunnings? $2-$3 each

What size bucket? 20L is $10 or so at bunnings.

BIG ~20L mayo buckets with lids cleaned and ready for making into mash tuns - $5 at Barnacle Bills
(also fit a corny keg with about 20mm gap for ice around the sides)

mayobucket.jpg
2 of these and an electric drill and you have a mash tun :)

i didn't mention the bubblewrap - that's an EXECUTIVE mash tun ;)

I got the local kebab shop to save a few 20l jobbies with lid that they get fetta cheese in them. A soak in percarbonate - bewdiful :super:

took him a couple of brews for payment. :beer:

that's the great thing about barnybills is they've already washed them. i reckon $2.50 for the bucket and lid and $2.50 for some kid to wash them.

Could try your local BBQ chicken/fish and chip shop. Mayonnaise for the coleslaw gets delivered in them...

View attachment 15439
2 of these and an electric drill and you have a mash tun :)

Hey! That is my mash tun! :)

I got mine from barnacle bills (obviously) for $5 but when I was asking around the local cafes
for buckets for cheese making, the cafe that sells yoghurt said they'd happily give me 10l ones because
they throw heaps away.

And the butcher gave me a couple of 4l ones too.

The organic cafe sold me, for next to nothing, some olive buckets.

cheese_buckets.jpg

Actually, this is my mash tun :)

DSCF0132.jpg
DSCF0129.jpg

Latest posts

Back