Photographic Project - Men and their Mash Paddles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with it muddy, and please post a selection of your photo's here it sounds interesting.

Batz

Phil Mud said:
Of course, How else would you know when you've hit your boil?
I do know a lady brewer and am keen to shoot her...........
I see. Steal your hop scales did she?

Let me know if you need another. Not that fussed about getting my photo taken but happy to support an artistic endeavour and I am a handsome man. Will trade you for a dead rat/frog/bird/lizard/insect.

If I were to contribute then I would need to do a lot of push ups before hand, so that all my muscle shows up clearly.

Yes, muscle...

Unfortunately the mash paddle doesn't get too much use other than a quick stir.

manticle said:
I see. Steal your hop scales did she?

Let me know if you need another. Not that fussed about getting my photo taken but happy to support an artistic endeavour and I am a handsome man. Will trade you for a dead rat/frog/bird/lizard/insect.
Now I'm plotting the demise of a small rodent or similar...which makes me sound sick, quite frankly. But yes, as long as you're handsome and like dead animals, I'll likely take you up on that.

Guys, thanks so much for the response, I'm excited about this project. I just got home from class, and am buggered (not by a small rodent mind you), but tomorrow night I'll get organised to start arranging dates etc.

Phil Mud said:
am buggered (not by a small rodent mind you)
In Soviet Russia, small rodent buggers you!

Just want to make it clear my earlier post was a joke. I don't do the business-ends of cameras if I can help it. Sorry if my post was misinterpreted.

Hey mud, hows this for arty?
Was cooking some ribs in the BBQ and the smoke gave the garage an eerie kind of glow. Actually, that's about how everything was looking by that stage of the evening.
If you find brewers themselves a little camera shy, perhaps you could do a kind of 'where's Wally' theme. Except using a glass of beer, not Wally.
Taken with the panorama function of my phone. pretty cool, eh?

WP_20130720_18_02_02_Panorama_zps6fc61e7e.jpg

Screwtop said:
Come to QLD, you now have a great excuse for a holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screwy
That sounds like a great holiday - travel the country snapping breweries! I bet there's some eccentric ones out there!

Dave70 said:
Hey mud, hows this for arty?
Was cooking some ribs in the BBQ and the smoke gave the garage an eerie kind of glow. Actually, that's about how everything was looking by that stage of the evening.
If you find brewers themselves a little camera shy, perhaps you could do a kind of 'where's Wally' theme. Except using a glass of beer, not Wally.
Taken with the panorama function of my phone. pretty cool, eh?

WP_20130720_18_02_02_Panorama_zps6fc61e7e.jpg
That is cool Dave - totally warps normal perspective. You had me at ribs though...

bum said:
In Soviet Russia, small rodent buggers you!

Just want to make it clear my earlier post was a joke. I don't do the business-ends of cameras if I can help it. Sorry if my post was misinterpreted.
Ahh - I hadn't taken it seriously Bum - for some reason I didn't realise you're a Melbournite. If you change your mind, it's likely I'll be out that way shooting at some stage..

I'm sure you can do a calendar on Bum on his own if you tried.

Here is a - touch my beer and you die - mash weapon, just finished putting a shine on a poorly finished Indian shop turner thingo. Thing is solid as a shaft of steel can be solid.

null-13.jpg

Ya, housemate picked up one yesterday. It's sitting in my brewing spot atm. Lol. Hope he get a spot for it elsewhere before my keg blows. :p

Looks like it is good nick. Lots of fun there. But in the brewing space. Not cool. If they are learning to sail I have a great book for them to learn the basics.

Hehe. He's been sailing with his old man for a while. Is a good dude, just messed up in the head a little, too much pot.
I've started convincing him it's a bad idea to run the boat through the garage over all of the other housemate's car crap everytime he wants to take it out. Subliminal conditioning ftw. Boat is a beauty as much as I can tell, really good condition. He calls it a turbo.

Hi Gents,

I didn't end up shooting anyone last weekend (hence am not on remand) due to some scheduling clashes and miscommunication with my partner. I would like to shoot someone this weekend however and thought I'd put the feelers out again as I had lots of awesome responses, but no-one specifically mentioned this weekend. I have been thinking a bit more about how I'd like the series to look stylistically, and I'd like to borrow some of the drama that you can see in the shot attached. This has been done with light-painting, which is basically where you take a long exposure of a dark or darkish space and use a torch to selectively "paint" light into the areas you'd like exposed. It's an interesting technique that lends a kind of illustrative aesthetic to a photo. Check out for a large scale example.

Anyway, this means I would need to shoot in low light - a dark shed any time of the day would be suitable, but otherwise twilight-ish light might be necessary. Obviously this won't mesh with lots of people's brew schedules, but I don't think that will matter greatly, I don't think the images would capture a great deal of the brewing process anyway.

So, let me know if you're free and keen for Saturday or Sunday!

cheers!

Edit: I should mention that the attached photo is a bit overdone for my liking. I intend a more subtle aesthetic!

WETJENC_VIC_A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back