Pet Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitman

Reaction score
G'day all,

Just had a couple of the kids' birthdays and have kept quite a few 1.25 - 2L bottles.

I plan on using them for brewing, buying Coopers PET caps, boxing them and keeping them dark due to their clear plastic.

Has anyone used these or use them now? I know Coopers do a PET but i am still struggling to switch from a longneck and need some advice from the converted?

Any experiences would be great.

So long as you steralize them and bulk prime so that you dont have to guess the amount of priming sugar to use I reckon they should be fine. There shouldnt be any reason why you cant re-use their lids either. It doesnt make any difference if you re-use lemonade lids or coopers pet lids in my opinion...

And as you said stick em in a box or a cupboard to keep them dark.

G'day all,

Just had a couple of the kids' birthdays and have kept quite a few 1.25 - 2L bottles.

I plan on using them for brewing, buying Coopers PET caps, boxing them and keeping them dark due to their clear plastic.

Has anyone used these or use them now? I know Coopers do a PET but i am still struggling to switch from a longneck and need some advice from the converted?

Any experiences would be great.

I think that they are fine for leaving beer in for months, but not years.

Peter

Hi

I only use PET bottles, both Coopers and the clear soft drink. Had no problems.

See this thread link for more info

I've used the 2L coke bottles before. Had no problem, and they're good for parties.

Less bottling too.

Back