New To All This!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to all this and I have a vague notion that I might want to enter a competition. So how does one find out about upcoming competitions? It would seem that this is the right place in the website for this info, but I can tell you that, for a newbie, it is confusing. The posts talk casually about places - and people - that I have never heard of and might be in Victoria (where I come from) or on Bathurst Island (where I don't).
Can someone straighten me oput here?

GeoffH

Geoff

Vicbrew's website is a good start.

Here

Hope this helps :)

Edit: Should also provide phone numbers for homebrew clubs in your area.

Warren -

Hey Geoff,

Here is a link to the Vicbrew site. On the Events page there is a list of competitions run in Victoria. Vicbrew is th estate championships and the AABC is the nationals, you have to place in the states to enter.

There are maybe a couple of other comps run by local agricultural shows etc - The Darebin wine and beer show leaps to mind. But usually (at least at teh moment) the most professional and rigorous comps are run by or in affiliation with the Homebrew clubs.

Another comp that might interest you is the Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show - which is another National Championship that isn't affiliated with the AABC. This is my favourite comp.... because its the only one I have won anything in :)

Comps are a fine way to get unbiased feedback about your beers - and if you are lucky and skilled, you might get some silverware to put up in your bar as well :)

Cheers

Thirsty

edit: beaten, must learn to type faster dammit.....

Hey Geoff,

Here is a link to the Vicbrew site. On the Events page there is a list of competitions run in Victoria. Vicbrew is th estate championships and the AABC is the nationals, you have to place in the states to enter.

There are maybe a couple of other comps run by local agricultural shows etc - The Darebin wine and beer show leaps to mind. But usually (at least at teh moment) the most professional and rigorous comps are run by or in affiliation with the Homebrew clubs.

Another comp that might interest you is the Australian National Amateur Wine and Beer Show - which is another National Championship that isn't affiliated with the AABC. This is my favourite comp.... because its the only one I have won anything in :)

Comps are a fine way to get unbiased feedback about your beers - and if you are lucky and skilled, you might get some silverware to put up in your bar as well :)

Cheers

Thirsty

edit: beaten, must learn to type faster dammit.....

Thanks Thirsty - very comprehensive, and will keep me occupied for hours!

Back