New Coopers Recipe Pack

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the tips guys...judging on how each of my brews have improved from my very first one I'm looking forward to my next! :D

judging on how each of my brews have improved from my very first one I'm looking forward to my next! :D

Find a local AG brewer and ask to try one of his\her brews.
see if that doesn't inspire you to make the step up.

see if that doesn't inspire you to make the step up.

1z3urmx.jpg

At least Cooper's has a real interest in home brew.

I wonder what the percentage is of AG brewers to Kit and Kilo brewers? Out there in the real world. Not everyone has the time, space or energy to go all out but we can make a better product with a few enhancements.

The hops and yeast are probably fresher than what's available at my LHBS and if you don't have a LHBS then $40 delivered is probably a good deal.

You might not want to spend that every brew but if one catches your eye then I say it is OK!

Damian

At least Cooper's has a real interest in home brew.

I wonder what the percentage is of AG brewers to Kit and Kilo brewers? Out there in the real world. Not everyone has the time, space or energy to go all out but we can make a better product with a few enhancements.

The hops and yeast are probably fresher than what's available at my LHBS and if you don't have a LHBS then $40 delivered is probably a good deal.

You might not want to spend that every brew but if one catches your eye then I say it is OK!

Damian

If you don't have a lhbs then i think ag is still going to be cheaper. I was spending $30 - $40 per 23L brew when i was doing extract, one of the benefits of going AG was that i could get ingredients cheaper (online), plus i'd been told it tasted better.

If you don't have a lhbs then i think ag is still going to be cheaper. I was spending $30 - $40 per 23L brew when i was doing extract, one of the benefits of going AG was that i could get ingredients cheaper (online), plus i'd been told it tasted better.

I've got a feeling that I'll be going AG one day but at the moment kit brewing is a good re intro to the hobby, is making drinkable beer that I am excited about and is easy to do with a housefull of little kids. If I had time to frig around with stuff I've also got a house to keep under control and a motorbike I like to work on.

I've spent about $300 just getting Coopers tallies for my home brew in the last few months (I am willing to take a hit for the cause) so at this point a few bucks here and there doesn't matter.

Damian

Wow got heaps of response from this thread haha gave me a few ideas and things to think about.

Going to go see my lhbs and have a chat (lucky they are like 5mins over the road haha)

Wow got heaps of response from this thread haha gave me a few ideas and things to think about.

Going to go see my lhbs and have a chat (lucky they are like 5mins over the road haha)

Where's you LHBS? I'm on the Coast too. Are they any good?

I've got a feeling that I'll be going AG one day but at the moment kit brewing is a good re intro to the hobby, is making drinkable beer that I am excited about and is easy to do with a housefull of little kids. If I had time to frig around with stuff I've also got a house to keep under control and a motorbike I like to work on.

I've spent about $300 just getting Coopers tallies for my home brew in the last few months (I am willing to take a hit for the cause) so at this point a few bucks here and there doesn't matter.

Damian
Notice how Moses has a look of desperation on his face? He's thinking of all the time he's about to commit to AG, not to mention all the cleaning.

There's plenty of ways of playing round with kits. Just check out the steeping grain articles, adding hops, using the right yeast.
And yeah, it only takes 30min - 1hr to knock up a kit. Compare that to 6hrs for AG (ballpark figure).
But yeah AG tastes awesome and it's a hobby/addiction. We do it cos we love it.

Must've been hard work with those Coopers. :beer:

Where's you LHBS? I'm on the Coast too. Are they any good?

I go to the Oxenford Home Brewing Supplies same company who owns the Nerang one.
http://www.nerangbrewing.com.au/

Haven't delved too much into what they have, small shop but I know there range of kits are pretty good and they do there own mixes of malts, malt/dex and dex to suit whatever you want to do.

Back