New brewer in Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dell

Reaction score
Hey folks,

New to brewing. got my interest when given 3 FV's and 1 complete kit.. so ive already laid down one brew and bottled it yesterday.. and ive got another brew on the go already!

just need to source some more bottles.. as ive only got 30 bottles in total amongst the 3 FV's.

Interested in any hints and tips available from the brew masters on here..

special interest for later.. is making up a Ginger beer!

but for now i have a Coopers Lager bottled and a Black Rock East indian Pale ale fermenting as we speak.

wish i had the room to do multipel FV's at a time but limited on space in a 2 bedroom city apartment..

ill do some searching and lots of reading.. but im sure ill still ask many questions!

Cheers!

Craig

Welcome aboard Dell/Craigo!

You can occasionally find Pickaxe or Coopers long necks on Gumtree for sale. I grabbed some bottles from there and drank for the rest of them... if only the dark ale came in long necks :icon_drool2:

Re ginger beer, this is the most commonly referred to thread. http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/30492-ginger-beer-recipe-scratch-brew-no-kit/
It's on my ever increasing list of drinks to brew.

Enjoy the thrill of making something enjoyable yourself. Post up picks of your beers when ready :)

From memory, I think the recycling places may be approachable about bottles mate, seem to recall someone mentioning that before about SA..

Welcome aboard mate.. Pretty soon you will be buying a house with a piss off sized shed to fit all the gear!!

Cheers

3 fermenters.. is a good starter pack hahahah

id love a shed.. dont think the misses will allow me t do more than 1 brew at a time while its getting brewed inside the apartment..

im keeping an eye on gumtree for cheap stuff. just picked up a bottle rack for 64 bottles for 30$..

ive got a mate that works at a recyclers so i should be able to source what i need from him if i go for Glass. at this stage im chasing plastic bottles. i dont have a capper available and plastics are easier to store for me.

thats a pretty impressive Ginger beer recipe! ill def be giving many thoughts towards it!

Was late noticing this thread too Craig. Welcome again. :super:

Cheers fellas! Looking forward to sharing a brew or two!

Back