New brewer from canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoarj

Reaction score
Hi,

Just starting in homebrewing, kicking off with the AG route as I'm also keen on whisky, so I've got myself a grainfather and turbo 500 with copper pot head setup, which also doubles as my sparge heater. Also scooped up a fridge with a couple of corny kegs on gumtree so fairly well equiped. Mangrove jacks nz Pilsner fermenting as you read, plus a couple of batches of custom barley mix for the heavier beverages.

Got a cheeky summer ale kit en-route to fill the other corny, should be some good beers to kick off as we move into the warmer months

Trying to track down a recipe for a Scottish ale I had lest year whilst over there (hence the interest in whisky)
"Scapa special" if anyone comes across it please pass it on, so far it seems to be hidden better than the Scottish Crown Jewels.....

Thanks for your time, look forward to utilising all the recourses this place has to offer.

Welcome mate.

Not sure if you've had a chance to drop in yet, but as a former member and a current grainfather brewer I'd highly recommend heading into a Canberra Brewers meeting. A great bunch of people and quite a few Grainfather brewers as well.

Looks like you're on the money though and have some good equipment to get going, lot's of good info here as well as the club and you have a great resource for researching great brews to try your own hand at all - Plonk!

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply, have looked up the Canberra Brewers and hopefully will in the future find the time to pop over and meet them. I've also got a pretty elaborate aquaponics setup in the back yard so I put three variety show of hops in..... So far they look to be fairly happy....
Have been into plonk on quite a few occasions... Very helpful ppl.

Cheers!

Just a word of advice.

No Distillery discussion here, not forum rules, there is a link to another site on the board though or check out stilldragon.

Welcome to the wonderful world of 'cheap'.. Cough.. Homebrew

Thanks for advice, had no plans to discuss further than what I've mentioned. Cheers.
And yeah..... Cheap hahaha, many many boxes could be purchased for a basic setup hahaha

Back