New Aussie Beer/brewing Mag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the last copy from the Myer centre newsagency yesterday.

A bit light on the content, but I guess it's not that expensive. They reviewed ~80 or something beers... what are they going to review in the next few issues?

Few of the recipes (AG ones) lacking in detail regarding expected OG based on efficiency, ideal fermentation temperature (not that hard to work out but anyway).

But definitely an interesting and fun read for it's price.

How thick ...And how much postage....??????????? :)
If they include .....BIAB Brewing.....No Chilling.... :D
Chers
PJ

74 pages, postage included in subscription price, $49 for 8, $26.18 for 4.. maybe you should send in submissions on your BIAB/no chill/no boil methods and shake them up a little!! :p

Well after much searching around various newsagencys in the northern suburbs of Perth i found one of two remaining copies at the local down the road.(The last place i looked).Mag looks ok so far but i will reserve my opinions as its the first edition and who listens to a homebrewer anyway. ;)

Cheers
Big D

if you're wondering where to buy the beer & brewer mag, on their web site www.beerandbrewer.com there's a distribution list (left hand menu bar) that is sorted by state and suburb. makes life alot easier in finding a store that is selling them.

Mag looks ok so far but i will reserve my opinions as its the first edition and who listens to a homebrewer anyway. ;)

Well, I think that this publisher will as they are well connected to the HB sector and to here at AHB.

So let's make this mag our own.

Felt a bit ripped off with the Crakenback people when I saw them advertise a "Razorback red" in there!!!!!

hint ..register your beer names..and make a buck!! its only business

The new ones out Spring 07, have only had a quick flick but looks like another good one, St Peters brewery features on a couple of pages including some stuff about the fresh wort kits although I don't see Gerards name mentioned anywhere ?

Mikem, Did you get yours via subscription or retail ? Subscribed a while ago but haven't seen the latest mag yet.

The new ones out Spring 07, have only had a quick flick but looks like another good one, St Peters brewery features on a couple of pages including some stuff about the fresh wort kits although I don't see Gerards name mentioned anywhere ?

err guy at work is mates with the publisher so I get a slightly advanced copy although when he handed it to me he said the subscription ones should appear in the next couple of days.

Just picked up the new edition of this a moment ago. I'm in Noosa, so I'd imagine that it's available everywhere else as well...

Cheers

Nick

Mine arrived today.

Gerard is credited for the how to ferment a wort kit lesson :p

Excellent.
That completes the set for this month (Draft, BYO and B&B).
Hopefully it comes in a plastic bag, as it is raining and my letter box aint that big and it will probably be hanging out the mailbox.

Doc

Mine arrived yesterday, sealed in plastic.

hopefully another good read.

yeah i got mine, not too bad, seemed a little lighter maybe but there was a reasonable amount of content.. no real homebrewing section, lots on microbreweries. im gonna fill out the survey on line so that they have some info to give the advertisers about their demographic in way of supporting the mag. ;)

Latest posts

Back