Never Thought I'd Ever Say This...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humour us old blokes "Coopers Stout is the bomb" - isn't actually the Queen's English. Does that means you think it's good or bad ?
He means good. In fact very good.
In fact it's the shit...meaning good shit, not bad shit.

yup i agree, :wub: coopers best extra stout is a creamy smooth beer. if it wasnt for my mrs that would be a common commercial brew in my fridge ( in long necks of course to save the bottles..)

i have gone off PA a little over the past year. i feel it has got a little lighter and maybe tastes like they are using a bit more adjuncts? i dont know but to me it seems a little lighter on the malt body than what i remembered, before it was in every second pub, but my tastes could have evolved a bit..

also their sparkling ale is very nice too.. you dont have to sacrifice much these days to support the aussie brewing industry..

I beg to differ. I drink Coopers Pale at the pub all the time and although it is mostly good, it is very variable. I find the bitterness levels are quite different from batch to batch in the pub. Bottled CPA is usually very similar from batch to batch.

Mick
This is true mickoz, though I wouldn't say the consistency in the bottled version is necessarily the best thing about Coopers Pale.
The bottled version IMHO tends to be a bit dryer, lacking in flavour, and can suffer from autolysis if it's been on the shelf for too long. The keg version, although somewhat variable from pub to pub, has more of the characteristic banana and bready flavour, typical of CPA that is relatively fresh.

Each to their own I guess :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back