My Day At Lahnsteiner Brauerei

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats of the completion of your dream. Guess your experiencing a little ambivalence now that it's over and your on your way home. Good luck for the future.

Screwy

So WJ,

how did you find out about and organise the diploma gig?

-bf

So WJ,

how did you find out about and organise the diploma gig?

-bf

Sorry about the late reply, braufrau...just got back to Australia... :super:

I saw the course advertised about twelve years ago, then the planning started. Mrs WJ is from Germany, so that was an advantage, but the entire course is in English.

Look here...

VLB Berlin

WJ

Hey WJ,

Missed your last post.
Mixed feelings coming back to Oz, I'm sure. But it looks like it has been a great experience.
I hope you find appropriate employment in the booming beer industry in WA, and I hope to experience some authentic Marzen/Oktoberfest/Weizen/Alt/Kolsch/Smoked beers from commerical offerings from you in the future.

Beers,
Doc

Hey WJ,

Missed your last post.
Mixed feelings coming back to Oz, I'm sure. But it looks like it has been a great experience.
I hope you find appropriate employment in the booming beer industry in WA, and I hope to experience some authentic Marzen/Oktoberfest/Weizen/Alt/Kolsch/Smoked beers from commerical offerings from you in the future.

Beers,
Doc
And I am hoping to experience some domestic offerings from you too bloke via the 2007 Sangropers Christmas Case. I believe there are still some vacancies :D .
Welcome back !
Cheers
Doug

I can't commit myself this year, Doogiechap, but I'll keep my eye on that thread.

I'm not thinking about travelling ANYWHERE for the next ten years or so... ;)

My mind might change late in the piece, then there may be a contribution...

WJ

Sorry about the late reply, braufrau...just got back to Australia... :super:

I saw the course advertised about twelve years ago, then the planning started. Mrs WJ is from Germany, so that was an advantage, but the entire course is in English.

Look here...

VLB Berlin

WJ

That looks like a great course WJ.
Let us know what your next career move is!

-bf

I can't commit myself this year, Doogiechap, but I'll keep my eye on that thread.

I'm not thinking about travelling ANYWHERE for the next ten years or so... ;)

My mind might change late in the piece, then there may be a contribution...

WJ
\

Hi WJ , I will participate in the Sandgropers Case Swap. have the same problem not being in perth but hope to find somebody who can drop it of for me( and collect of course!!!) maybe an idea for you ??
I know somebody who goes regularly between albany and MR so if you have any let me know and maybe he can bring it up and it can make its way up to Perth.
let me know ,
cheers Amita

Nice one WJ - Koblenz holds a special place in my heart. I travelled in a Kombi camper from Koln down the Rhine thru Koblenz and further down through the Mosel in December 94. Christ it was cold sleepin at night!!! I had a few arvo beers in Koblez and was catching 40 winks on the back seat when I awoke mid air heading towards a 3 way fridge after having a head on accident with a VW passat. My brother had recently arrived from Oz n forgot Ze Germans drive on RHS of the road. Kombi sold n Eurail all the way.

A top place to be staying ya lucky bugger! Good luck on your first day at Lahnsteiner Brauerei.

Ditto! A mate and I drove a campervan through Western Europe back in '87. We stopped overnight in Koblenz at a small camping platz on the banks of the Rhine (directly opposite the Konigsbacher Brewer) and ended up staying there for 2 weeks!

Great memories....Great beer / wine / food / people. :party:

Cheers,
TL

You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you will find now.

The Maximilian Brauwiesen sits there on the banks directly opposite the Knigsbacher brewery. Their expansive beergarden goes right to the river and I can recommend their schweinhaxe washed down with the unfiltered Helles ale.

WJ

Back