Mt Hood & Galaxy together?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian4379

Reaction score
Hi all,

i'm wacking in a couple of 10ltr extract brews this weekend, basically to test some hop flavours, extract because i'm feeling lazy today.

i've got around 600gms of mt hood flowers that i grew this year and i've never used them. probably should have tasted some before i planted it, but anyhow, i have some left over galaxy pellets in the freezer and thought i might give them a whirl together.

thoughts?

Throw away the galaxy and it sounds great.

In all seriosuness, just do it. I've used heaps of combos, especially UK style earthy/herbal hops and more fruity US style hops together and I've never found a combo I don't really like…although I have ruled out certain hops that just don't suit my palate in the first place (I'm not into galaxy after OD-ing on it years ago). Use the galaxy judiciously for aroma and the combo will be fine. Also, be aware that your personal hop flowers may not taste the same as commercial versions of the same anyway due to your local growing conditions.

Make beer, drink it, learn, repeat.

cheers, its going in regardless, lol. mostly mt hood, almost a smash.

ive just bottled a pilsner/home grown cascade smash, just to see how the home grown ones taste. my first season growing and i've got a kilo or so in the freezer, more than happy.

Latest posts

Back