...mm What To Do Now?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just got back into brewing again after a hiatus following the birth of my son.

I have a Belgian Strong Dark Ale (partial - my favorite!!!) in one fermenter ATM that will go into secondary in about 7 days. I would like to use the yeast trub (Wyeast Trappist high gravity) to get another beer on the go but need some suggestions on a recipe.

I have a cache of tettananger and halletauer hops to go with this yeast. I can do partials using up to about 6kg grain with my mini mash tun (need a bigger pot for BIAB which I'm on the hunt for) but will consider aything.

If u have any ideas for this combination, please let me know - I realise this is like asking how long a piece of string is but I'm open to anything ATM.

Cheers,

BD

I have a Tripel ready for a big beer swap which used that yeast.

If you are mini-mashing...
Extra light extract for your base.
Mini mash some pilsner, 10% wheat and 5% oats.
And add some sugar to bump up the gravity and help dry it out.

Bitter up to 35IBU with about 1g/L Tettnanger late for some hop character.

Thanks for the replies....

I have got hold of a 35L pot now so can consider larger batches with about 6kg of grain. anything Belgian tends to sit well with me so the Trippel sounds like a plan.

Cheers,

A belgian Pale Ale. Alco content around 5-6% making it okay for easy drinking, but the belgian flavours there to make you want to "get your arse to Brugge"

......I found some cherry flavouring (unopened) for secondary in the back of the fridge this morning. I wonder what that would be like in a Belgian Pale Ale???

Latest posts

Back