Melbourne Beerfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. I'm going either way just because I'm free that day and sounds like fun but concerned that it could be a rip off

My mate just told me about this. The price does seem a bit steep for two tasting tokens (how much do I get per taste?) but I do want to see as many beer festivals as I can... The list of breweries doesn't seem that huge or appealing to be honest though.

I dont think the $25 entry is to bad - and the way I read it you get 2 free tasting with that.

What I cant see on the website is how much extra tasting tokens are?
Is it a token systemt or are you just buying a tasting at each brewer for cash?

Doesn't sound worth it - I am off to Mordialloc Food n Wine festival
It's gold coin donation, beer, food, wine, music
Two Brothers will be there with a special one off brew

Anyone heard of Monster Mash Beer? One of the stall holders.

Their website just has a logo and thats it.

They had to rebrand as monster energy drinks said their name made it look like monster energy were brewing. They make golden axe cider there is a story on crafty pint website

GrumpyPaul said:
I dont think the $25 entry is to bad - and the way I read it you get 2 free tasting with that.

What I cant see on the website is how much extra tasting tokens are?
Is it a token systemt or are you just buying a tasting at each brewer for cash?
Website says "Cash/ eftpos sales will be available at all stalls."
I'm guessing the lack of information regarding pricing of tastings after the two freebies is quite deliberate...

Truman said:

I tried a double IPA they had on tap up here and it was amazing. The best beer I drank last year. Came in at 10.2% tho. Apart from a quiet Facebook page I havnt been able to find a lot more about them. If it were me I'd be very keen to check em out.

Website says "Cash/ eftpos sales will be available at all stalls."
I'm guessing the lack of information regarding pricing of tastings after the two freebies is quite deliberate...

The lines are bad enough at venues like the Ballarat beer fest where all you do is hand overa couple of tokens.

If they get a decent crowd there I can see long lines waiting fto be served whilst people use cash and eftpos.

On another note does anyone know if any other brewers will be at the Mordialloc food and wine festival other than 2Brothers?

Truman said:

I tried their red ale and DIPA at ballarat beer festival. Great beer!
The DIPA made it into the crafty pint top 100 beers

Back