Media coverage: protest re: proposed remote community closures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
At what point does civil unrest become viewed as more than selfish nuisance and an issue worth considering? If not 12,000, how about 18,000? 21,000? 50,000?
They are not protesting for marriage rights or something of little fiscal value. So no matter how many protest, them will always be wrong.

Wonder if there's any large mineral deposits in or around those communities. . .

Yeah...Its not like miners would want to dig up a sacred site, even if there are minerals buried directly below it. Just would not happen. Miners are nice people. Just ask the environmentalists, the government and the Aboriginal people

manticle said:
Unlikely. WA isn't really known for its natural resources.
Yeah think ya got that bit wrong, the biggest heaviest trains in the country, run in WA. Perhaps we should just let them sucede (spelling???) I mean hell only 2/3 of the countrys wealth lies there.

Ed: Then when they find their population unsustainable we can invade!!

I forgot to write that more sarcastically MB and for that I apologise. I'd hoped that the sheer implausibility of the statement would speak for itself as to my intent.

Minors are nice scales as well :)

Great cars to

morris-minor1-fron_1795826b.jpg

Apparently have issues with the drink though.

pg39.jpg

manticle said:
Mynahs are nice birds.
I call BS! Nothing nice about them at all.
myna2.jpg

Introduced and a pest. Kick native birds from nests and hollows and often don't even go on to use that nesting location, hence one of the most successful pests in the world. From wikipedia "the IUCN Species Survival Commission declared it among the World's 100 worst invasive species."

How did we get back to natives getting evicted by pests?...

Bridges said:
I call BS! Nothing nice about them at all.
myna2.jpg

Introduced and a pest. Kick native birds from nests and hollows and often don't even go on to use that nesting location, hence one of the most successful pests in the world. From wikipedia "the IUCN Species Survival Commission declared it among the World's 100 worst invasive species."

How did we get back to natives getting evicted by pests?...
My sarcasm is obviously quite subtle at the moment. I'll turn it up.

Reminds me of the old schoolyard joke, "Can you hear this?" (with downturned middle finger) "I'll turn it up then." (You can fill in the blanks).

When it comes to birds there are Mynahs and Miners.

http://www.mdavid.com.au/birds/noisyminerindianmyna.shtml

Maybe you could call them the minor Miner and the major Mynah.

manticle said:
You'd feel sorry for yourself if your larynx made your voice sound like a squashed donkey fucked a gen y teen who got their playstation confiscated.

My rational debating skills get thrown out the window when Christopher Whine gets mentioned. I apologise for any aspersions cast.
That description of Pyne's voice is about as close to synesthesia as I will ever get.

I swear, separated at birth..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc9NRwp6fiI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQilfrbyDe4

A lifestyle choice? maybe yes, maybe no.

I read in the newspaper recently that the average cost for supplying infrastructure and services for remote communities is $83,000 per person per year. I am assuming these are for the tiny ones way outback. Infrastructure includes roads, power, garbage collection and many other community services.

If you take into account a lot of these people are on welfare from the cradle to the grave, the cost over a lifetime per person can easily be $8,000,000.00 (Eight million). This is the reason that they want shut the smaller ones down.

How many average persons income tax over a lifetime would it take to pay for just one person in a tiny outback remote community?

Back