Malty Beers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickyyboyy

Reaction score
Now im a beer drinking ameature regarding to smell/taste etc. to take it in as the true beer desires have made them selves, but lately I have come to enjoy a good matly beer (if that is how you say it).

The two beers that I have enjoyed are the;

Matilda bay/ saltram Wines - Pepperjack Ale

and

Brewers Pure Malt ale - The original Pure Malt Ale (I think thats right)

My question is to board is, what other beers are similar to this type? Hopefully thats enough info for what is needed.

I live near this mob, http://www.purviscellars.com.au/ContactUs.aspx ,which seems to have a pretty good range of beers compared to dan murphys/1st choice/local small alcohol outlets, and their website is pretty good for searching for your desired drop. Any other places that you could recommend in the south eastern Melbourne area would be lovely!

So basically, if I can get pointed in the right direction I would be most appreciative!

Brewers Pure Malt Ale is a fine drop. I'd love it if someone with a more trained palate than mine could give me an idea of how to reproduce that style.

If you like those malt driven ales, try some of the pommy imports like

Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale
Shephard Neame Bishops Finger
Ruddles County

and of course

Fullers ESB

try some of the german dunkels and doppelbocks too, the germans do malty beers better than anyone. weltenburger asam bock or barock dunkel for starters.
or youngs old nick, fullers 1845 or rochefort or gouden carolus or abbaye des rocs or lots of others...
scotch ales from redoak, brewboys, red hill etc have lots of maltiness too

Back