Mailing/posting Beer Samples?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stueywhytcross

Reaction score
Hi, me and a friend have both been brewing for a few months now. He lives 14 hours drive away, so I decided to post him some of my beers. 2 Pilseners and A golden ale clone. I sent them in a polystyrene box used for sending wine samples. They took 5 days to get there. However talking to my friend when he tasted them, he said they all had the same overbearing sour/medicinal taste. After retasting the beers with myself and partner, they did not possess this characteristic.
I was wondering whether the yeast/sediment on bottom of bottle being stirred up in transit/post has caused this sour taste? Or whether anyone else has successfully mailed beers?

Not sure if it is the same thing but wine is effected by bottle and travel shock when it is "bounced" around alot so maybe this is what is causing the off flavours. I know from experience that you should wait approx a month or so before consuming wine that has been freighted recently.

Pok

Back