Leaky co2 splitter - video

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carniebrew - I don't know the Westway line, I've never heard of it before, so can't comment on it either way. In my experience, the commercial quality lines will have the manufacturer, line type, & specs printed along the tube.

Cheers Ross

Thanks again, I'll return the black/blue splitter I have, and replace it with 2 of those beige John Guest Y dividers instead. I'm pretty sure the beer/gas line I have is ok, but will take a look at the stuff considered premium before I replace it all. I used starsan foam to re-test each component in my system individually last night, disconnects, regulator, all the seals on my kegs. The only thing that seems to be leaking is that gas splitter. Although one of the kegs has a really touchy pressure relief valve that only needs the slightest pressure to vent, so I'll keep an eye on that too.

I use a couple of these in my kegerator, haven't had any problems yet.

Splitter.jpg

It doesn't give a neat manifold, but I never would turn them off anyway. My thought is make life easier so the less I can do the better. I carb my beers up at serving pressure, so I never touch the bottle or reg.
I've been using the JG tees mentioned above for many years without any problems at all in conjunction with a one-way JG on every gas line but as I'm in the process of downsizing from keezer to kegerator (Not that that matters :p ) it will be interesting to see how they go after being stuck in the one place for so long?

Pretty sure all will be well but we all know Murphy's Law don't we? ;)

+1 for the never-turn-the-gas-off brigade (Same 5.0kg stinguisher since starting kegging which is partly why I don't turn off)
+1 for carbing at serving pressure.

I grabbed a couple of the real John Guest 2-way splitters today, wired them up in my system, turned the tank on and immersed them in water, no leaks. Still a bit gun-shy about leaving my co2 bottle on after kissing 6.8kg of gas goodbye so quickly, but maybe I'll come 'round eventually...

Back