Leaking Keg.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jino

Reaction score
I have a 20lt keg that appears to be leaking out near the out disconnect but it only happens when the beer tap line is connected. It doesn't seem to be the connection on the line as it works fine on other ones i have without any leakage.

Unfortunately i only realised the leak after it drained an entire keg :-(

Any ideas what it would be or how to fix? Maybe the actual ball connect? or maybe the seal under it?

Thanks

It sounds like it could be the o-ring on your out post.

I recently had a similar problem except it was on the gas side of things. It turned out the spring in the poppet was buggered which prevented it from seating in the plug properly.

I'm now in the process of rekitting all of my kegs to prevent this PIA from happenning again. For the minimal cost of a new set of seals it can prevent a lot of frustration.

Jino

Almost definately the O ring on your keg - I just lost a bottle of gas through one, fortunately on the input side, so didn't lose my brew.
Replace all your O rings - your local hbs should be able to supply & guide you - dead easy though - then fill with water & pressure test while giving your disconnects a good waggle to check for any leaks...

Thanks mate thought that would be the prob but just thought i'd comfirm it.

I'll go see the HB shop today.

Thanks

Just to be sure Jino fill up you bath with water. Then gas your keg, submerse it in the water and watch for leaks. Just like checking for a puncture on a car tube.

Hope fully it is only the O ring, but in my case it was the weld around the post. No big deal I just had it stainless welded again, it cost me 2 Tallies of Home Brew.

Beer is a wonderful bargaining tool isnt it

Latest posts

Back