Kindle Is Coming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly they will charge you a per MB rate to do that :-(

I believe there is a way of transferring directly, but you have to make the .pdf into the proprietary format with a program first.

Yes it connects with the PC just like any other mass storage device and you can move mp3s and kindle content around easily enough, but its the translation in the proprietary format that's the trick.

Though that is a good link there P&C, will read thorugh it more carefully later on.

cheers

grant

I read.. a lot! Interested to hear your feedback Grant. This is the iPod of the literary world....

Cheers - Mike

So look forward to the literature industry turning to shit because no one has the attention span for novels anymore.

I'm loving it at the moment, reading Margaret Atwood's latest novel "The year of the flood" which is a dystopian vision of a future ruled by big corporations, technology and genetic engineering. Kind of like the idea of reading something like that on the Kindle. ;)

It works really well, buying the books from Amazon is easy and they load up quickly. I find the reading experience as good as a standard book and there are some useful features like a dictionary built in. We're getting good feedback from our crash test volunteers as well. It's a very useful bit of gear.

The only real issue is the exclusive Amazon connection, you can't easily read other format books and long term that could be a problem. The comparison with the Ipod is spot on. I think the Kindle - and other ebook readers/tablets/smart phones will change reading and publishing quite a lot in the near future.

I've also just ordered the Bebook, which is a multiformat reader so it will be interesting to compare the two.

cheers

grant

Back