Kegs On-line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Especially since postal orders is what you do? I mean what's the point of it, no matter what you have to handle the equipment, add 50c to the cost of each item and stop trying to trick people. It's like me selling beer for $3.20 then saying oh there's a 50 cent pouring fee as well.

That's a bit unfair - it's more like you saying 'to hire me as the barman for your event will cost x dollars, regardless of how many beers I pour'.

If each beer had to include the entire hire cost of say, the portable bar setup and staff, then each beer would have to cost hundreds of dollars - in case a client just bought one beer by itself on the night. It's much more reasonable to list the fixed costs separately from the consumption costs.

A separate, fixed order handling fee is perfectly reasonable for an online business - it is basically saying 'look, this is what it costs in time and materials to package up an order for you, so buy a few bits and make it worthwhile for both of us'.

It takes about the same amount of work (and materials) to send one little item as it does to send 50. Whether that works out to be reasonable depends on the size of your order, and I think that's fair. I know I wouldn't want to sit there all day putting single o-rings into envelopes, along with receipts and labels, for 2c profit a time. I also wouldn't want to pay 70c each for 20c O-rings.

Just received a 9 litre keg from them. Arrived in 3 days, very happy with the price given I was outbid on one on ebay for $125 minus a hatch. (Was that you I was battling with Jye?)

Glen

Just received a 9 litre keg from them. Arrived in 3 days, very happy with the price given I was outbid on one on ebay for $125 minus a hatch. (Was that you I was battling with Jye?)
Glen

I was watching it but wasnt interested for that price :blink:

Nice looking 9L kegs on their web site.

I recently ordered a 9L keg from them as well.

Turned up 7 days later, looks brand new and is very shiny......

Jez

How much are these 9 litre kegs fellas.

rook

$125 + a few shekels for postage and handling

Glen

Bloody dearer than a 19 litre keg..... :p

rook

Yep, thrice the price of my others, but quadruple the fun - no more walking back home from the neighbour's place to fill my glass.

Even SWMBO thinks it's so cute, you just gotta have one...

IMG_0707.jpg

some what off topic but also on topic for those in sydney , the Brewhaus in Marrickville has these little kegs available and i think theyre about the $125 mark also ....

yeah at $125 theyre more than a 19ltr but im still gonna get one soon .....

***NON AFFILIATED***

Hmmm, looks like someone forgot to feed it when it was growing up :huh:

That price makes 'em exxy, but the convenience factor might make up for it.

Those prices are for brand new 9L kegs too aren't they?

Whereas most the other prices we're used to are for reconditioned units.

Those prices are for brand new 9L kegs too aren't they?

the one I got from www.kegsonline.com.au is brand new. cost me $135.20 delivered.

dunno about the Marrickville Brewhaus ones.

Jez

Latest posts

Back