Keg Wont Dispense.....?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Kegerator is one supplied by Pinnacle Wholesalers, my bet is on the tap. I bought one with a double tap/font and one tap worked well, while the other has been a real PITA. It trickles beer out real slow, no matter how many times I've taken it off and cleaned it.

Take apart the beer disconnect and see if there's any problem there. As soon as you plug the disconnect onto a charged keg, beer should flow into the line, might not fill it but it will flow until the pressure is the same as in the keg. A blocked tap won't prevent beer from going into the line. Wonder if the disconnect has the small spike which is meant to depress the poppet?

This has got my vote also.

If the keg has pressure greater than that which is in the beer line, beer will go into the line even if there is a blockage in the beer line or the tap is blocked. With beer coming out the out-post from depressing the poppet with a screwdriver or something similar, then it sounds like the QD is faulty. Take a working QD from your own set-up to test. They only take a minute to change over.

Edit: Website with handy picture of various parts of the keg system
Keg Part Assembly

Seems the culprit was the tap. A simple pull apart, clean, dip in starsan and it poured first go.

One of those can't do stuff on the phone or when you don't have a coupler wrench things. Sorted within 5 mins at my place though...

Frustrating but fixed :D

Latest posts

Back