Keg System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just setup my keg system in a fridge, everything works sweet ... but ... the brew doesnt contain many bubbles.

I fermented the keg for 40hrs at 230kpa at 4 degrees (i think) and then reduced the pressure to 75kpa for pouring ... gets a nice head etc, but lacks the bubbles and looses the head pretty quickly. I currently have the co2 bottle inside the fridge.

How do I get more gas and bubbles in the finished product ???

Lucas

Let the keg sit longer at 230kpa - eg a week.

Make sure you burp the keg as well.

BrewinginNewcastle said:
Okay Ill give it a few more days. I have burped it :)
Cheers
Lucas
[post="127393"][/post]​

try this thread
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...3895&hl=gassing

more pressure faster uptake of the co2. You can have it gassed in 3 or 4 minutes using ross's method (holding keg on its side with gas outlet down and giving it a 150kpa and then rocking it till bubling that you can hear stops) will find more detailed instruction in the threads on this topic.

pharmaboy said:
Snipped>
You can have it gassed in 3 or 4 minutes using ross's method ............
[post="127397"][/post]​

It may sound hard to believe for some but believe it or not brewers have been rocking kegs since many years before all of a sudden it became the 'ross' method. :lol:

Anyway I aim to take a bit more time and gently rock it for a much better result.

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

And there i was thinking Ross invented this method.Talk about bursting my bubble. :p ;)

Big D

I'm a bit confused about this. I also recently got a new keg system and I had my kegs at 250kpa for about 48 hours and it was perfect carbonation. I know the temp of the beer makes a bit difference but I would be surprised if mine is much lower than 4 degrees - if anything maybe 2 degrees at the absolute lowest. If anything my beers were a tiny bit over carbonated... How can two pretty similar situations yield such different results???

Latest posts

Back